Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nektar - The Other Side (2020) Cherry Red Rec./Esoteric Antenna (New Studio Allbum)

WOW thought I would never see this band but a Saturday night (Feb 8) on the Manchvegas strip for $25 clams no less! Now we just have to get GONG over here next...…..

Saw them at Progstock last year, highly recommended.

If you can check them out, they do Roye Albrighton justice and honor his memory well. Ladies doing the backing vocals are a charm.

Saw them at Orion Studios Sunday night. Absolutely fantastic. Listened to the new vinyl last night. Incredibly wonderful recording. Great material and stellar production. This show far exceeded the Progstock performance. Maybe the intimacy, or the perfect sound, or the killer video/lighting, or the tighter performance, or goddamn everything! And yes, Richie does Roye justice in spades.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Richie does Roye justice in spades.
    Ryche
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Saw them at Orion Studios Sunday night. Absolutely fantastic. Listened to the new vinyl last night. Incredibly wonderful recording. Great material and stellar production. This show far exceeded the Progstock performance. Maybe the intimacy, or the perfect sound, or the killer video/lighting, or the tighter performance, or goddamn everything! And yes, Richie does Roye justice in spades.
    where did you get the vinyl? I pledged for my vinyl copy and haven't received any notification of shipping.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

^ I pledged for the CD, and it hasn't shown yet either. Has anyone gotten their pledge items?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I pledged for the CD, and it hasn't shown yet either. Has anyone gotten their pledge items?
    Not here. So far, the only thing I got was the MP3s prior to the holiday. They're still pulling things together, from what I understand. Mo stated something to that effect.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Preorders are going out tomorrow. Official release is January 24.

Everything was for sale at the show.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Everything was for sale at the show.
    Which is why I asked about the preorders to start with. Such had already been inferred upthread.

^^ Yes, those were prerelease copies they brought with them. The post I made just about about the date came directly from Mo.

Ditto, great show and picked up the new colored vinyl at the merch table, really fine stuff especially sides 3 and 4.
    A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Mo just posted this on Facebook:

Kickstarter should be out today to all who signed on. Quality of the CDs and Vinyl are Top Notch

The new album is really well done, many fine tracks and performances. "Drifting" is by far my favorite, killer song.

Here's an overview:

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/al...he-other-side/

Quote Originally Posted by markowitz View Post
    Hey Ron,
    I know you were at kick starter supporter and just wondering if Nektar sent you the digital copy of the album already. I was a supporter as well but have not received anything. You may just be referring to the samples....getting excited to hear this.
    It was sent to all Kickstarter Nektarines on Christmas eve. send me an email at nektarmanagement@gmail.com all kickstarter items are in the mail. International goes out monday (lots of Customs stuff to fill out)

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Mo just posted this on Facebook:

Kickstarter should be out today to all who signed on. Quality of the CDs and Vinyl are Top Notch
    Thanks Ron. New album is out and doing well. Thanks for your support

Note we have lots of merchandise at the shows. T shirts most of the old vinyl RTF Journey, RTF Recycled etc We got the vinyl and CD's right before we left. All US stuff including preorders is out in the mail yesterday. International will go out Monday due to customs forms having to be filled out and we are doing the filling out LOL

You will not be disappointed with the packaging or the quality of the mastering. It looks and sounds awesome. The vinyl album weighs over 1.5 pounds. Its 180 gram splatter vinyl, no two alike

Quote Originally Posted by mochester View Post
    Thanks Ron. New album is out and doing well. Thanks for your support
    Thank YOU, Mo, for keeping the legacy alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    The new album is really well done, many fine tracks and performances. "Drifting" is by far my favorite, killer song.

Here's an overview:

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/al...he-other-side/
    Drifting was live - first take we did

Thanks, Mo.
    I did find the email, I was drop box naive, but finally got it together and I'm really pleased (!!) with the music. Great job and as Ron has said thanks for continuing and strengthening the legacy.

Looking forward to CD and hopefully a trip out West!

Anxiously awaiting the vinyl to arrive this week..whoo hoo!
    Friday night we listened to the mp3 download we were given at Christmas(thank you so much)to warm us up for the album coming.
    What a great album, and your opening song I'm on Fire is excellent Mo.
    The performances on this are excellent and I can't say enough about the mix and mastering.
    Even my mp3 version sounds like one of the best downloads I've ever heard.

You captured something magical in the studio and the mix and master is one of the best things I've heard in a long time. Very warm, yet full and has that vinyl sound yet modern and clean.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Anxiously awaiting the vinyl to arrive this week..whoo hoo!
    Friday night we listened to the mp3 download we were given at Christmas(thank you so much)to warm us up for the album coming.
    What a great album, and your opening song I'm on Fire is excellent Mo.
    The performances on this are excellent and I can't say enough about the mix and mastering.
    Even my mp3 version sounds like one of the best downloads I've ever heard.

You captured something magical in the studio and the mix and master is one of the best things I've heard in a long time. Very warm, yet full and has that vinyl sound yet modern and clean.

You said, man. The recording is modern, but vintage-warm and clean. Nektar was plagued with bad audio engineering with the "Time Machine" (some good tunes on) album recorded, produced and mixed by Billy Sherwood, a cheap work in all steps. The last good one was the album "Evolution" engineered and produced by Julian Gordon-Hastings (son of Pye Hastings from Caravan), very nice recording. Sadly the "Book of Days" (also with very good songs) album was released in DEMO form due the dispute over financial matters with the manager Roy Clay, a dishonest guy to say the least. This time with "The Other Side" the band achived some state-of-the-art with Joe DeMaio in the Shorefire Studios, a really good acoustics and gear, a trully studio. The Mastering was done by Leon Zervos and was not crushed, over-compressed ou limited, sounds nice!

Got my disc yesterday! Nice gold autographs. Thanks, Nektar!

For an alternative view, I saw them a couple of weeks ago in Sellersville and it was not stellar. The band overall was a bit sloppy. Having two bass guitars doubling on several tunes made it sound turgid and muddy. Their on-stage demeanor was a little too casual for me and finally, the vocals were atrociously, maybe even criminally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
    the vocals were atrociously, maybe even criminally bad.
    Do you mean the vocal mix was bad or you didn't like the singers? I'm OK with Ryche Chlanda, and I think at least one of the female backup singers has been with Nektar for a while.