Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giant Baby Jesus looks like Phil Collins!

Banned
    It’s official

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/chur...ollins-statue/

Neal Morse didn’t realize on ? That he was channeling Baby Jesus

^^^ i thought ? was about Moses' people wondering the desert for 40 years.

Baby Jesus can look like whomever He wants to.

But this is a rather odd choice...

Just wearing swaddling clothes. No Jacket Required.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    They always depict him as a weak, blue eyed, white skinned human

well, ya know... he was a carpenter until he was 30. I happen to have been a carpenter until I was 28, so I know from experience. No doubt he was quite muscular!

The thing is that now he is a powerful spirit being even more powerful than the one cited at 2 Kings 19:35
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

well, ya know... he was a carpenter until he was 30. I happen to have been a carpenter until I was 28, so I know from experience. No doubt he was quite muscular!

The thing is that now he is a powerful spirit being even more powerful than the one cited at 2 Kings 19:35
    Can we get this SHIT out of here?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    This was really a clever and fun thread. MT can't resist from spewing this kind of shit - all the time!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Ya know...

I'm a Roman Catholic, and have some fundamental theological differences with L.

Furthermore, we do have "no politics and religion" rules here (though they are honored more in the breach than in the observance, to be sure).

But calling someone's devout religious beliefs* "SHIT" is - to say the least - rude and unbecoming of a civilized person.

-----
    * Presuming they don't actually worship a turd, of course.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

He has a powerful spirit being to shield him from such rudeness - he read about it in his book! So I think all will be well, no?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The real issue is a regular poster continues to break the rule of no religion. Constantly.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 11-25-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I don't think ANY mention of Jesus automatically makes a thread religious. Just like a thread about protest music isn't automatically political. We've had numerous threads about Jesus Christ Superstar, yet I don't recall any of them being shut down.

I just think some people around here are hyper-sensitive about the smallest inkling of it and jump into their pious rants about the sanctity of PE.

Lighten up people. It's a joke thread. Get over it and move on.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    We've had numerous threads about Jesus Christ Superstar, yet I don't recall any of them being shut down.
    Perhaps those didn't have someone dragging them down by stating their beliefs as facts and citing bible verses.

However, in truth it's easy to just scroll past whatever we do not care for (or use the block feature). So, fair enough and point taken.

Perhaps those didn't have someone dragging them down by stating their beliefs as facts and citing bible verses.

However, in truth it's easy to just scroll past whatever we do not care for (or use the block feature). So, fair enough and point taken.
    Indeed. I was born and raised a Roman Catholic and am now as non-religious as they come. Yet, I have no tolerance for those who mock the faith of others. I may not share their faith, but I respect it. Now, if my mother would be as accepting about it...
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    ^funny!

Now, step away from the keyb...

...doh!

"And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the penis of an alien?"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I don't think ANY mention of Jesus automatically makes a thread religious. Just like a thread about protest music isn't automatically political. We've had numerous threads about Jesus Christ Superstar, yet I don't recall any of them being shut down.

I just think some people around here are hyper-sensitive about the smallest inkling of it and jump into their pious rants about the sanctity of PE.

Lighten up people. It's a joke thread. Get over it and move on.
    I've had people complain when I perform the Beatles' Let It Be, thinking it was religious. I have to explain to them the Mother Mary in the song is referring to Paul's actual mother, whose name was Mary.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    I've had people complain when I perform the Beatles' Let It Be, thinking it was religious. I have to explain to them the Mother Mary in the song is referring to Paul's actual mother, whose name was Mary.
    That wouldn't stop them, I bet.

He has a powerful spirit being to shield him from such rudeness - he read about it in his book! So I think all will be well, no?
    Uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Uncalled for.
    I believe this was addressed, and we moved on.

I believe this was addressed, and we moved on.
    I hope so.

I hope so.
    Well if you'd read the further responses rather than cherry-pick the quotes you want to give your thumbs-down to, you might see for yourself.

Well if you'd read the further responses rather than cherry-pick the quotes you want to give your thumbs-down to, you might see for yourself.
    I read all of them. The original comments are still out there for all to see, and I still have the right to disagree with what was said.

I read all of them. The original comments are still out there for all to see, and I still have the right to disagree with what was said.
    So you just wanted to make sure that your disagreement was noted after the fact, despite my having already acknowledged that what I should have done was scroll past or block what I didn't like (give it a shot sometime too), and we'd moved on. Okay, done. You didn't like it. Now I know.

So you just wanted to make sure that your disagreement was noted after the fact, despite my having already acknowledged that what I should have done was scroll past or block what I didn't like (give it a shot sometime too), and we'd moved on. Okay, done. You didn't like it. Now I know.
    Yes, I wanted to make it clear that you and mozo were offending more people than just MT with what you said. The language you both used was uncalled for, IMO. You may have moved on, but you never apologized -- there is a difference.

And if you don't feel remorseful about it, that's fine also. We don't have to share the same beliefs, and you don't have to respect what I believe. It would be nice if you did.

I've blocked several users here over the years, but I don't want to end up blocking you too.

Yes, I wanted to make it clear that you and mozo were offending more people than just MT with what you said. The language you both used was uncalled for, IMO. You may have moved on, but you never apologized -- there is a difference.

And if you don't feel remorseful about it, that's fine also. We don't have to share the same beliefs, and you don't have to respect what I believe. It would be nice if you did.
    I respect anyone's right to believe whatever they'd like. The difference, from my experience in life, is that by and large I am not afforded that same respect by them. And that comes in all forms - whether it's being bashed over the head with their beliefs, or subtle remarks in conversation, or having them constantly injected into threads on a music forum where they are widely considered unwelcome (for good reason).

However, like I said, my choice from here on in will be to take the high road and scroll past them. If MT is going to be allowed to continually spout that stuff (innocuous terminology there, to avoid further 'offense'), I'll just ignore it. It IS what I should have done in the first place, as I have already said twice now. Hopefully twice will be enough for you.