Thread: The 66 Best Rock Albums of the Decade (2010-2019)

The 66 Best Rock Albums of the Decade (2010-2019)

If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Hey, I've heard almost half of those - and many are good. Not always great, but somewhat solid.

With Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson emerged as one of the most creative forces in progressive rock.

No. Although they were utterly fresh and highly listenable until approx. '96. And The Raven is still a very good record.

And FWIW, Blackstar would be no. 1 among the titles here that I have heard.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Thanks for sharing. I’m going to check some of these out as I’m always curious to hear good new music in any genre. I’m a little surprised given the other music on the list that Opeth didn’t appear.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I had to wait until the countdown got to 20 to find an album I've heard (only 3 or 4 of them in the whole list) and Bowie's Blackstar is the only one I would revsit (Rush & Wilson, no thanks). I'm not saying the list is without interest (theirs are different than mine), but I'll keep in mind (or at leaqst try to) a few names on it, just in case I get a chance to lay an ear on them.
    I'm not even sure I heard the Muse album, but I had kind of gave up on them after Drones

Had no idea that groups like Bad Religion & Deftones were still around and releasing albums (ones that anyone would consider any good anyways)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

There were a lot of metal/alternative acts that I wasn't familiar enough to have an opinion of BUT putting Greta Van Fleet and Linkin Park ahead of Chris Cornell's Higher Truth is a crime against humanity. Also, no Ghost. No Opeth. Also, the last Iron Maiden deserved to be in the top thirty.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I’m embarrassed at how few of these I own (a paltry 3!)...and how old that makes me feel
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Banned
    Nothing like mixing up Rush, Pearl Jam, the Foo Fighters with Marilyn Manson. Marilyn Manson, come on! Now, if there was a similar top 66 list for progressive albums in that decade, that would be interesting. This stuff does not draw me into wanting to make a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    There were a lot of metal/alternative acts that I wasn't familiar enough to have an opinion of BUT putting Greta Van Fleet and Linkin Park ahead of Chris Cornell's Higher Truth is a crime against humanity. Also, no Ghost. No Opeth. Also, the last Iron Maiden deserved to be in the top thirty.
    They did a separate metal list that I posted in the OT Metal Thread, in which the albums are way more interesting imo - https://loudwire.com/best-metal-albu...ade-2010-2019/

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I’m going to check some of these out as I’m always curious to hear good new music in any genre. I’m a little surprised given the other music on the list that Opeth didn’t appear.
    In Cauda Venenum is on the metal list I posted up there ^

Jon Neudorf
    I own about ten. Curious about Stonesour. Any good?

I haven't heard of most of them

Three I Like and own. The albums by:

Purson
    Disturbed
    Myles Kennedy

The rest I either haven't heard or don't rate.