Thread: Bruce Soord (The Pineapple Thief) - new solo album All This Will Be Yours

Bruce Soord (The Pineapple Thief) - new solo album All This Will Be Yours

For those of you who enjoy The Pineapple Thief, and who perhaps are about to enjoy their current US tour, main man Bruce Soord has also just released a second solo album All This Will Be Yours.

I've spent a good bit of time with this album since release day, just soaking it in and enjoying hearing all the little details reveal themselves with each successive listen. It really shows how far he's come along as a writer and musician, not to mention as an audio mixer.

For those of you who might be interested, I've made the album the subject of a blog review, offering thoughts on how the music compares with Bruce's day job in The Pineapple Thief.

Hope you find it interesting, especially if you're thinking of buying this new album.

https://momentstransition.wordpress....be-yours-2019/

I enjoy Bruce very much, in all his incarnations. I can understand the common knock that his music all sounds the same, but I like it. It helps that one of the PT albums is ingrained with a very emotional time of life, so his voice always has a big impact on me.

I already have this latest one and like it. It feels a little more subdued to me than earlier PT albums, but is in line with more recent PT.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    PT=Porcupine Tree
    TPT=The Pineapple Thief

Ten years ago I was put off by the similarities between the two, less so as I have gained more appreciation for TPT, but let’s not muddy the waters further

Thanks for the tip!

All I know is I will be seeing TPT next month and my focus will be solely on one person.

Gavin Harrison.

And I get that the focus will be on Gavin. But, when the gig is over I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

I have seen TPT three times on their Dissolution tour and, as a band, they are very impressive right now and certainly not all about one person.

Looking forward to the feedback from this tour which, as I understand, has sold out at various venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothyspook View Post
    And I get that the focus will be on Gavin. But, when the gig is over I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

I have seen TPT three times on their Dissolution tour and, as a band, they are very impressive right now and certainly not all about one person.

Looking forward to the feedback from this tour which, as I understand, has sold out at various venues.
    Thank you. I didn't mean to imply the other guys were not worth paying attention to.
    I was simply expressing my excitement at seeing him while also revealing my relative new status as a TPT fan.

Having just seen him with King Crimson, I can assure you that I am experienced at continually refocusing my attention so as to give proper attention to everyone on stage.

I’ll probably pick this and (hopefully) the new live TPT album at the show on Wednesday. The show is at my local neighborhood theater, the Neighborhood Theatre. Definitely looking forward to it. If anyone is coming into town for the show, feel free to shout out.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I’ll probably pick this and (hopefully) the new live TPT album at the show on Wednesday. The show is at my local neighborhood theater, the Neighborhood Theatre. Definitely looking forward to it. If anyone is coming into town for the show, feel free to shout out.
    I'm opening for them on this tour with a 30 minute solo set. Should you happen to catch my set and enjoy it, please come say hello after the show. I'll be attempting to peddle my wares at the merch booth.

Quote Originally Posted by RMcStine View Post
    I'm opening for them on this tour with a 30 minute solo set. Should you happen to catch my set and enjoy it, please come say hello after the show. I'll be attempting to peddle my wares at the merch booth.
    Very cool!
    Just that one show at The Neighborhood Theater or all the shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Thank you. I didn't mean to imply the other guys were not worth paying attention to.
    I was simply expressing my excitement at seeing him while also revealing my relative new status as a TPT fan.

Having just seen him with King Crimson, I can assure you that I am experienced at continually refocusing my attention so as to give proper attention to everyone on stage.
    It wasn't a dig honest. I understood what you meant. It was more me just pointing that out

Hope the gig lives up to your expectations. Let us know what you think. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Toothyspook View Post
    It wasn't a dig honest. I understood what you meant. It was more me just pointing that out

Hope the gig lives up to your expectations. Let us know what you think. Enjoy
    You had a very good point...after all, I did say I’d only be watching Gavin.

I am very intrigued with the band and look forward to the show.

Very cool!
    Just that one show at The Neighborhood Theater or all the shows?
    I'm supporting for the whole tour, except for the pair of shows in Mexico.

I'm supporting for the whole tour, except for the pair of shows in Mexico.
    Excellent!
    I will check your bandcamp link.

Dang, Randy...I only heard one tune ("Adopted Son") so far but i am quite impressed.
    Very, very nice. Such a a great mood.

Do you use a looper?

Will do!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Those of you who saw The Pineapple Thief on the UK and European legs of the recent Dissolution tour, or who are heading out to see them on the current US leg, might be interested in this new live album which Kscope dropped in stores this week.

Here are a few thoughts on what awaits you once you unwrap the album.

The Pineapple Thief – Hold Our Fire (2019) (***)

Dang, Randy...I only heard one tune ("Adopted Son") so far but i am quite impressed.
    Very, very nice. Such a a great mood.

Do you use a looper?
    Thank you!

I do use a looper in a few strategic spots.

Reading reports, the band appear to be going down a storm on the current tour.

So I have the two recent CDs with Gavin H, what would you all suggest for trying next from them (from the older CDs)?