Thread: Support your local time traveler band !

Support your local time traveler band !

Hello there, a little bit of fun ! As the band Ghost Rhythms plays with musical time perception, we thought it'd be nice to imagine ourselves as time travelers, playing in venues and places long gone, missing, or just in a distant time.
    So we did that little thing as a kind of a promotion trailer for our new album Live at Yoshiwara (on Cuneiform Records) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Yd6KJZ7sY
    As you see, we played in 1977 in a place called in A Scanner Darkly (yes).
    I hope we'll be soon playing in the Cabaret de l'Enfer in 1932.
    And that poses some grammar problems, as you imagine. Can you say from a band that WILL go from the present to the past that they will have played a show soon ?

Support your local time-traveler band !
    (sounds of time-machine engine, or just a red telephone booth, and here we goooooo !)

https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.co...e-at-yoshiwara

(P.S. : many thanks for those who made our name in their top 5 of the musical year, it's a great honor !)
    Xavier

I wish I could go back to 1977. So many things I could change....

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I wish I could go back to 1977. So many things I could change....
    We all do... It was before my birth but I could certainly change things nevertheless !

I'd like to travel back to the opening of Carnegie Hall, conducted by Peter Tchaikovsky. Or to see Dmitri Shostakovich performing his own Piano Concerto No. 2, the only recording of which is mono with poor sound quality. Or to see Gustav Mahler conducting one of his own symphonies, or Stravinsky conducting his Rite of Spring...that is after the premier, which was disrupted by hooligans.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

If I could time travel, I'd see Elvis, Sonny Burgess, Frankie, Jerry Lee and Little Richard in their prime, Roy Wood in all his configurations, the Sex Pistols with Glen Matlock on bass, Joy Division, Andy Kaufman, etc. etc. All favorites I missed seeing who are no longer with us or out of business.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by XavGel View Post
    (P.S. : many thanks for those who made our name in their top 5 of the musical year, it's a great honor !)
    Xavier
    I was very, very pleased at how many did! It is an honor!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.