Thread: Kevin Gilbert's "Lamb" performance 25th anniversary

Kevin Gilbert's "Lamb" performance 25th anniversary

Unless I missed it, the 25th anniversary of this show passed without a mention yesterday. I've been a latecomer to the music of Kevin Gilbert, but over the past few months I've listened to everything I could find, including this one-off from Progfest. I doubt I can add anything substantive to the accolades already posted in various places on this site and elsewhere, but thought it at least deserved a mention.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

I love this performance of the Lamb..what a great show and Kevin's interpretation is simply brilliant to me.
    Dave Kerzner posted this concert on FB several months ago and I'd never seen it before.

After watching the concert I set out on a Kevin Gilbert journey and couldn't stop researching and listening to his music from the beginning to the end.

I'm deeply saddened we lost him at such a young age and can only imagine the wonderful music he would've continued sharing with the world.

I know Kerzner is releasing some best of cds, some including songs he did with Keven as well and Nick.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice

yeah it was 25 years ago today

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/giraf...-13dc3135.html

That was the November of my Freshman year in College. I wish I had known about him back then, but I also would assume there would have been no way I could have afforded to fly out to LA and see it being only 18.

The Variety Arts, I remember it well. Those Prog Fests were very exciting, thank you Greg Walker and David Overstreet
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

What was almost better than KG's performance at PF was running into him in the record dealer's lobby rifling through the crates looking for rare copies of, you guessed it -- Peter Gabriel records!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Love that performance.