Thread: Rest in Peace MICHAEL SHERWOOD

Rest in Peace MICHAEL SHERWOOD

https://www.facebook.com/billy.sherw...56962988954141

From Billy Sherwood

It’s with the heaviest of heart that I want to let you all know my dear brother Michael Sherwood has passed away. Our family is devastated by the loss and trying to process this. I ask that our privacy be respected at this difficult time. In time we can reminisce and share stories of Mikes life, loves and his musical journey but for now we are grieving and our hearts are over taken with immense sorrow. I am one of three Sherwood brothers, (Robert seen below in the baseball gear, Mike and myself), proud sons of Bobby and Phylis Sherwood. May my brother Mike Rest In Peace and be rejoined with my oldest brother Robert and with our father Bobby in heaven. I love you Mike and I will miss you terribly
    Besides being Billy's brother, some probably know him from his album with Christian Nesmith "Groovy Lemon Pie" among his other work.

https://michaelsherwoodchristiannesmith.bandcamp.com/

Sorry to hear this. My condolences to Billy and the rest of his family.

My condolences to Billy and family in their time of need. RIP Mike

What an interesting career he had. From singing back up on Yes' Union album to co-writing a song for Michael Jackson's Thriller album. RIP Michael.

Michael played piano on this Queen cover, with Jeff Scott Soto (Sons of Apollo/TSO) on vocals, Bruce Kulick (KISS) on guitar, Ricky Phillips (Styx) on bass, and Eric Singer (KISS) on drums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    What an interesting career he had. From singing back up on Yes' Union album to co-writing a song for Michael Jackson's Thriller album. RIP Michael.
    Just to clarify, the song Michael Sherwood co-wrote a song that was on Thriller 25, which was put out for the 25th anniversary of the original album. THe song is called For All Time was actually recorded in 1990, but not finished until 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Just to clarify, the song Michael Sherwood co-wrote a song that was on Thriller 25, which was put out for the 25th anniversary of the original album. THe song is called For All Time was actually recorded in 1990, but not finished until 2007.
    No clarification necessary. All I said was that he and Porcaro co-wrote it for Thriller. It just didn’t get recorded till later. :-)

Groovy Lemon Pie is a very good album. I've always been a big fan of Sally's Ass especially. Sorry for your loss Billy.

condolences. his name keeps cropping up on many releases from a certain era that i own. LODGiC (predecessor to WORLD TRADE featuring both michael and billy) were quite interesting.