Thread: 10 years gone, In Memoriam for Greg Amov

10 years gone, In Memoriam for Greg Amov

Hard to imagine 10 years has passed but on what would have been his 60th birthday I am looking back at his passing on Nov 3rd 2009. Gregory was 49 when he died of frontal lobe brain cancer. We were best friends for 32 years, having met at Grossmont College in the spring of 1977. His family treated me like I was their own son. Wonderful people.

I am going to do a special edition of my "Through The Looking Glass" radio show soon, featuring his solo music, our Systems Theory music, some Amov/Davies-Morris demos that would have been Systems Theory had they got that far, some things he worked on with other people, music by artists he was fond of (some prog, some ambient, some space, some folk, some pop). Maybe some of his sister Rachel's music. I'll make that available as a download for a few weeks after it airs. I'll post the link here.

In the meantime, Greg's three released albums can be downloaded for free from our Systems Theory bandmate Mike Dickson's website. Go to http://www.mikedickson.org.uk/ and follow the links.

Gregory Michael Amov: Nov 6th 1959 - Nov 3rd 2009. Gone, but never forgotten.
    --
    SDM a 21st century schizoid man in SoCal
    Systems Theory website www.systemstheory.net
    Through The Looking Glass radio show at www.deepnuggets.com

Wow, yeah. Here's to Greg! Not at all forgotten.

Here's also to the music you made together

All the best, Steven.

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Spinning the Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies album right now in tribute
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Still play his stuff & System Theory regularly, thinking of him.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.