Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaisseau monde (for Poil, zeuhl & Yoshida fans)

Vaisseau monde (for Poil, zeuhl & Yoshida fans)

But I think Le Grand Sbam is the name of the actual band, am I correct? I saw their release over at Steve F.'s.

Zum gudd stuph.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    But I think Le Grand Sbam is the name of the actual band, am I correct? I saw their release over at Steve F.'s.

Zum gudd stuph.
    You are probably right - an the music is right for the season !

Pili Coït - Jessica Martin Maresco and Guilhem Meier from Poil

https://pilicoit.bandcamp.com/

In BollyWood style:

Jessica and Guilhem (the first couple of rock?) also had/have the band "Icsis" with Francois of Present/Poil/Piniol.
    This gem is in the style of Karate movies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SplA1UHrPo

Fucking love that first live clip! So original and creative.

[QUOTE=chalkpie;937025]Fucking love that first live clip! So original and creative.[/QUOTE

Its a teaser compilation edited from a few songs, but yeah.

Just threw some bucks for the first one, and looking forward to the second. I love this kind of shit. Thanks for the HU.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    My god that's good. Love this stuff.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    My god that's good. Love this stuff.
    I do too, very very impressive.

Released today
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

This is fantastic. Just ordered the record. Great vocals.

Indeed it is
    Ian

Banned
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Pili Coït - Jessica Martin Maresco and Guilhem Meier from Poil

https://pilicoit.bandcamp.com/

In BollyWood style:

Love this clip. And the Plii Coit album is fantastic.

ordered the vinyl

Been obsessed with that Pili Coit album too. Makes me wish I lived in their general area haha

Been enjoying this via Spotify for a week now while waiting CD to arrow. Pili Coit did not work for me but Le Grand Sbam is great.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

This has all the right ingredients and ticks many boxes .
    Certainly impressive
    Nice production ideas textures , ear candy etc.
    yet i can’t find any sort if emotional bond with this sort of leaves detached
    Will listen more

i feel like going ballistic when they go "winnnoww winnoww winnoowww skrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" in Dins o Sbam, and all the rap verses make want to snap my neck nodding to it, the emotional bond i have with this album is "fuck yeeeah" hahah

Quote Originally Posted by auxfnx View Post
    i feel like going ballistic when they go "winnnoww winnoww winnoowww skrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" in Dins o Sbam, and all the rap verses make want to snap my neck nodding to it, the emotional bond i have with this album is "fuck yeeeah" hahah
    Well said! Describes pretty well my own "emotional bond" with the album. It is just exhilarating music.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

This "contrarian" review at the Babyblaue site simply has to be read to be believed:

Die Franzosen sorgten vor einiger Zeit wohl für gehörige – positive – Aufregung bis hin zu Euphorie beim Freakshow-Festival in Würzburg. Was bereits eine ganze Menge darüber aussagt, was den unbefangen und vielleicht etwas unbedarft an diese „Band“ bzw dieses Werk heran gehenden Musikinteressierten erwartet.
    Für Freunde des Abgedrehten, des komplett Verrückten im riesigen Musik-Kosmos, scheint das was „Le Grand Sbam“ performen dem sogenannten Höchsten der Gefühle ziemlich nahe zu kommen. Für Menschen, die der melodischen Form der Musik huldigen, ähnelt das Ganze bestenfalls vielleicht noch freakigen Auswüchsen Moderner Klassik, eher jedoch dem Erbe eines 70er-Jahre-Happenings. Daher seien an dieser Stelle einmal all diejenigen vorgewarnt, die sich – auf der Suche nach eher außergewöhnlichen musikalischen Erfahrungen – an diese Scheibe heranwagen möchten: Das hier ist "schwierig". Abenteuerlich, experimentell, avantgardistisch usw. usf. sind allesamt passende Beschreibungen für das was hier abgeht, nämlich eine Künstler-Performance. Aber letztlich ist auch in diesem extremen Fall die Frage des Gefallens entscheidend. Meine Neugier war schnell befriedigt und die Meinung gebildet: Zu dieser Art von Darbietung werde ich nimmer mehr einen Draht haben oder bekommen.
    Was ich übrigens nicht als manko empfinde. [1 points out of 16]

In conclusion: you don't have to know or "get" what anything actually is before judging its tentative worth as statement. Neither do you need to engulf yourself in the insights of those who do. On the contrary, you basically decide that its worth is practically fictitious precisely because it doesn't somehow make you "get" it - as if that was ever the task of artistic expression. Because the worth of an artwork is apparently NOT in the objective of sender but in the subjective of receiver; it's not about liking or disliking for a specific set of argumentative reasons, it's about dislike being the reason from the very outset. In other words, since the artpiece in question doesn't comply with the receiver's frame of reference as receiver, it's no good. Thus, by definition, "new/different" is bad.

Quite possibly the single most unsubstantial "recension" I ever read anywhere, and I think I must have read some 10,000 altogether across the spectrum. And this was supposedly intended as a "progressive rock" review.

Christ. If you don't know the discrepancy between a chainsaw and your johnson, then don't engage in sexual intercourse.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Wow
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    This "contrarian" review at the Babyblaue site simply has to be read to be believed:

Die Franzosen sorgten vor einiger Zeit wohl für gehörige – positive – Aufregung bis hin zu Euphorie beim Freakshow-Festival in Würzburg. Was bereits eine ganze Menge darüber aussagt, was den unbefangen und vielleicht etwas unbedarft an diese „Band“ bzw dieses Werk heran gehenden Musikinteressierten erwartet.
    Für Freunde des Abgedrehten, des komplett Verrückten im riesigen Musik-Kosmos, scheint das was „Le Grand Sbam“ performen dem sogenannten Höchsten der Gefühle ziemlich nahe zu kommen. Für Menschen, die der melodischen Form der Musik huldigen, ähnelt das Ganze bestenfalls vielleicht noch freakigen Auswüchsen Moderner Klassik, eher jedoch dem Erbe eines 70er-Jahre-Happenings. Daher seien an dieser Stelle einmal all diejenigen vorgewarnt, die sich – auf der Suche nach eher außergewöhnlichen musikalischen Erfahrungen – an diese Scheibe heranwagen möchten: Das hier ist "schwierig". Abenteuerlich, experimentell, avantgardistisch usw. usf. sind allesamt passende Beschreibungen für das was hier abgeht, nämlich eine Künstler-Performance. Aber letztlich ist auch in diesem extremen Fall die Frage des Gefallens entscheidend. Meine Neugier war schnell befriedigt und die Meinung gebildet: Zu dieser Art von Darbietung werde ich nimmer mehr einen Draht haben oder bekommen.
    Was ich übrigens nicht als manko empfinde. [1 points out of 16]

In conclusion: you don't have to know or "get" what anything actually is before judging its tentative worth as statement. Neither do you need to engulf yourself in the insights of those who do. On the contrary, you basically decide that its worth is practically fictitious precisely because it doesn't somehow make you "get" it - as if that was ever the task of artistic expression. Because the worth of an artwork is apparently NOT in the objective of sender but in the subjective of receiver; it's not about liking or disliking for a specific set of argumentative reasons, it's about dislike being the reason from the very outset. In other words, since the artpiece in question doesn't comply with the receiver's frame of reference as receiver, it's no good. Thus, by definition, "new/different" is bad.

Quite possibly the single most unsubstantial "recension" I ever read anywhere, and I think I must have read some 10,000 altogether across the spectrum. And this was supposedly intended as a "progressive rock" review.

Christ. If you don't know the discrepancy between a chainsaw and your johnson, then don't engage in sexual intercourse.
    Maybe its the fact English is not my mother tongue or maybe something was lost in translation - I do not understand this review or what it means to say
    care to clarify please ?