Thread: Beatles The Lost Album 8 CD box set

Beatles The Lost Album 8 CD box set

I think a lot of hard core fans have most of this stuff but there were a few gems I had never heard..
    http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=4617
    http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=4618

Calling it "The Lost Album" is a bit disingenuous. It's more like "Odds & Sods" or "Flotsam and Jetsam." Or "Instant Karma."

Can someone recommend the gems - save me going through 8 cds.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Calling it "The Lost Album" is a bit disingenuous. It's more like "Odds & Sods" or "Flotsam and Jetsam." Or "Instant Karma."
    You got a point.. I don't write them.. just report them..haha

Quote Originally Posted by everyday View Post
    Can someone recommend the gems - save me going through 8 cds.
    Just get the officially released material and skip this.

This is all BS ....buyers beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    This is all BS ....buyers beware!!
    How so? It's free... nothing to buy.. click on a link and listen.. if you like it download it.. if not no big deal.. I have most of the Let it Be stuff from the Rhine Recordings I downloaded years ago and several other "Beatle collections" that I've downloaded over the years.. someone obviously brought a lot of that stuff into this collection..

I think most of this falls under the category of curiosity and something a completist might want (or already has). I don't think much of anything here is some lost essential thing to have.

That said, a full version of "Her Majesty" might be nice. I've heard something that sounds like a demo but never the rest of what was produced for Abbey Road.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    That said, a full version of "Her Majesty" might be nice. I've heard something that sounds like a demo but never the rest of what was produced for Abbey Road.
    This is probably the ~2:15 min version on the Purple Chick bootleg "AB Road" set, a comprehensive release of the infamous Nagra reels. This version consists of the main verse repeated a number of times, with some doodling from Paul in place of lyrics. It's not too enlightening. What's more interesting, to me, is the recent Abbey Road 50th anniversary edition which includes a track called "The Long One" that has Her Majesty placed between Mean Mr. Mustard and Polythene Pam. According to Wikipedia, McCartney didn't like its placement there and had the engineer remove it.

It's not a bad set, but certainly a disjointed mish-mash of sorts. Yes, the title is silly. And there's nothing there that hasn't already been bootlegged a number of times. Not to mention a number of tracks that have already been officially released.

There are much better sets to be had.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Looks like a fair bit of this utilises those dud Geoff Emerick mixes done for the shelved Sessions album, and then officially released on Anthology 1/2/3. I was genuinely shocked when I heard the untampered-with mixes of these songs, and how much worse his mixes were. Whole verses hacked out of some songs, odd cut-and-paste endings on others, tons of reverb. The only one I like is 'What's The New Mary Jane', which was at least creative.

There have been countless odds and sods bootlegs like this released over the years, this thing is nothing new.

Beatle fans looking for something slightly different should check out the fantastic work of soniclovenoize - he creates unbelievable mixes of lost albums in a variety of different ways. In many cases, sonic provides you with entire new albums. His clever mixing and placement of tracks bring a breath of fresh air to familiar tracks. His Floyd work in particular is stunning.

http://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot....s-upgrade.html
    Making Wikipedia marginally more interesting at:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCul...PXchSo_vDxtcLg

Quote Originally Posted by rael74 View Post
    Beatle fans looking for something slightly different should check out the fantastic work of soniclovenoize -
    Hence my link to “Instant Karma” above in post #2.