Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pendragon - Love Over Fear 2020

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The same with the NJ shows. I was heartbroken but at least somewhat prepared for it. Now I'm worrying about Progday instead.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Really enjoying this album!

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Really enjoying this album!
    I have listened to it many, many times now. It just gets better and better. A joy of an album.

I've been listening to Love Over Fear a lot during the shutter at home. It's very uplifting and much needed. I was never a big fan before but thanks to the thread I checked out the new one. Thanks all for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    I have listened to it many, many times now. It just gets better and better. A joy of an album.
    Agreed - I liked it a ton right out of the gate, but it gets even better with more spins.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    My wife didn't even demand taking it off even after her usual complaint of "derivitive".. she (aptly)applies this term to most neo she hears but doesn't protest!

I'd say it is their best work. It's great to have a new album that I really enjoy more and more every time I play it. I now realise how few new releases make me feel like that these days.

I am enjoying this album a lot. Pendragon for me has been a mixed lot. Yes it has often been derivative and occasionally very annoying vocals and lately the albums have been too heavy for my taste. This album however seems a return to their roots. Who says old guys can't make great music! Especially the song 360 degrees! I love it.

Pendragon, Marillion, IQ , Pallas and Twelfth Night were my introduction to prog in the eighties. Together with Marillion, Pendragon was the band that toured the most so I saw them Live a lot of times in these years. In Later years my musical preferences changed and I stopped following Pendragon.

Recently I read that Nick Barret was severly hurt by the current crises. A big loan to finance the album and tour. A bit in support to the band I used to like a lot i decided to buy the album.
    And guess what? My wife loves it! She even puts the Cd on while working and I got comments like "why dont you play this band more often instead of that headache stuff?" ( I think she means Cardiacs). So I even got some older albums on BC.

I think the new one is probably a fine album albeit not really my taste anymore. What I do like is that it is mainly a guitar album so my usual Clive Nolan allergy is not playing up much. I still enjoy Nick Barrets soulful playing. Somewhere in between David Gilmour and Andy Latimer.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Pendragon, Marillion, IQ , Pallas and Twelfth Night were my introduction to prog in the eighties. Together with Marillion, Pendragon was the band that toured the most so I saw them Live a lot of times in these years. In Later years my musical preferences changed and I stopped following Pendragon.

Recently I read that Nick Barret was severly hurt by the current crises. A big loan to finance the album and tour. A bit in support to the band I used to like a lot i decided to buy the album.
    And guess what? My wife loves it! She even puts the Cd on while working and I got comments like "why dont you play this band more often instead of that headache stuff?" ( I think she means Cardiacs). So I even got some older albums on BC.

I think the new one is probably a fine album albeit not really my taste anymore. What I do like is that it is mainly a guitar album so my usual Clive Nolan allergy is not playing up much. I still enjoy Nick Barrets soulful playing. Somewhere in between David Gilmour and Andy Latimer.
    I agree with your wife!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm sure Nick's taking a hit because of the cancellations, but I think overall 2019 and 2020 will have been a big boost for the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Yestor View Post
    Especially the song 360 degrees! I love it.
    To each his own. I think this track is absolutely terrible. Such a mainstreamy, Train/Imagine Dragons-sounding dud. Removing it from the album makes it a ten from me.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm sure Nick's taking a hit because of the cancellations, but I think overall 2019 and 2020 will have been a big boost for the band.
    Do not overestimate album sales anno 2020. I understood most money had to come from the tour. They had quite an expansive european tour planned with many sold out dates.