Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pendragon - Love Over Fear 2020

Orcopian
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I didn't order the 3CD, but my single CD edition has not arrived yet.
    I don’t think the single cd has officially released yet, the website says shipping from mid Feb, but the overseas deluxe sets seem to have been shipped way before the official date.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    They have said not to contact them until a ‘reasonable’ time after the release date, which was officially 1st Feb for the 3 cd version. But before that they had said all pre orders had been sent up to 27th jan. They chop up their supply chain and say it’s not us, it’s down to the Royal Mail now.

So it’s a bit vague as to what is a reasonable time. I didn’t pay the extra £1.50 for tracking as I never normally have a problem with merch desk deliveries. Lesson learnt. I’m trying to gauge what is reasonable, I guess if it was sent on the 27th then if It hasn’t arrived by Saturday that would be a reasonable time.

This week I’ve gone from being chilled about it to mildly frustrated as everyone else seems to have their deluxe editions.
    Well, I have had mine for nigh on three weeks now, so that would seem to be a reasonable time to me.

I'm a long time fan but will wait until I can hear before I buy. Good that they seem to be having a musical comeback.

I’ve had this album on repeat almost literally all day every day this week. I’ve rarely had any album which has made me want to do that. I’ve probably no joke listened to it over fifty times. I’ve also been in a slump lately with music but this album is just scratching me in all the right places. So musically rich and I really enjoy the themes of water and sea running through the album. Admittedly I haven’t listened to all of Pendragon’s albums, but if anyone can recommend anything else by them that feels very similar to this (or by any other band), I’d love to know.

Orcopian
    Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    Well, I have had mine for nigh on three weeks now, so that would seem to be a reasonable time to me.
    Well it has finally arrived, the postmark was 5th Feb so I guess they hadn’t actually shipped all the pre-orders by the date they said.

Never mind, I’ve got the weekend ahead and with storm Ciara on its way it makes sense to stay indoors and listen to some good music. The new godsticks cd also came today but I will leave that for now and focus on love over fear.

Enjoying this, 4th listen in - wild and windy Morecambe next weekend!

It's a fantastic album!

Here's a brand new interview with Nick from last week, transcript and audio available:
    https://www.sonicperspectives.com/in...-nick-barrett/

And here's an album review:
    https://www.sonicperspectives.com/al...ove-over-fear/

Enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    It's a fantastic album!

Here's a brand new interview with Nick from last week, transcript and audio available:
    https://www.sonicperspectives.com/in...-nick-barrett/

And here's an album review:
    https://www.sonicperspectives.com/al...ove-over-fear/

Enjoy it!
    Thanks for posting this. A fantastic interview. Nick sounds on terrific form.

I am enjoying this album more with each listen.

Listening online, it does sound very nice, great to hear violin which is something new for the Pendrags' - think I'm gonna order now.

This is a great video interview:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Listening online, it does sound very nice, great to hear violin which is something new for the Pendrags' - think I'm gonna order now.
    It really is an excellent album.

hmmmm... nothing groundbreaking really. Way too mellow... thought Nick was heading grittier ways with the likes of Faces of Darkness etc.

^ You were expecting groundbreaking from Pendragon? That's not their thing.

Love the new album, Nick's voice and guitar have never sounded better. If Pendgragon were a big well known band he would be up there with Gilmour.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Love the new album, Nick's voice and guitar have never sounded better. If Pendgragon were a big well known band he would be up there with Gilmour.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
    It is a crying shame, and a musical sin, that Pendragon aren’t better known. However, I always got the impression that Nick was rather content with the loyal following that he and the band command.

Only listened to a video of one song so take it for what is worth but it feels much more guitar oriented. Clive's keyboards aren't as prominent as prior albums.

Still not exactly sure what to make of this one. I like it well enough, but man, it's really mellow. Like 90s Camel mellow (almost). I don't hear much of a return to the 90s era, I think it's a fairly logical followup to Men Who Climb Mountains.

Sad but inevitable from the Pendragon Facebook page:

It is with deep regret, despite our best efforts, that as the situation in Europe is changing rapidly we are forced to consider the health and safety of our fans, the band, the crew and postpone all our scheduled European dates and attempt to get all our travelling party home safely. We are heart sore and devestated, once we are back at HQ I will issue new statements about on going events. Love Over Fear. Love you all, please stay safe.

Someone has started a go fund me page; https://www.gofundme.com/f/let039s-h...OP7OPR2lzpSEuE

Hopefully you will be able to use the link. I donated a bit last night.

It is almost inevitable that the Winters End festival, which we were so looking forward to, will be cancelled by government diktat.

Clive Nolan & the tour manager where interviews on Sky News the other day. Cancelling the tour is going to hurt them financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Clive Nolan & the tour manager where interviews on Sky News the other day. Cancelling the tour is going to hurt them financially.
    Nick said in a recent interview that he had to borrow something like £150k for the album and tour and would have hoped to break even by May. I guess we could all help them by buying something from their shop or donating. I seriously feel for them, with the new album being so great I've been playing all their back catalogue recently, love it so much.

I just ordered the new album and the 40 yr thingy from merch desk, hope it helps them (and hope I get them!).

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I picked up the new album in anticipation of the Montréal gig on 5/8, and my first listen last night left me looking forward to really digesting it further. Not sure if that show or BBT on 5/12 will happen but glad I bought the album and hope my purchase helps even a little

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I picked up the new album in anticipation of the Montréal gig on 5/8, and my first listen last night left me looking forward to really digesting it further. Not sure if that show or BBT on 5/12 will happen but glad I bought the album and hope my purchase helps even a little
    Both Montreal and Quebec City are postponed (on Pendragon site, it does not say cancelled but likely won't happen before 2021) :-(