Thread: François Bréant new album !

François Bréant new album !

For those who remember and love François Bréant Sons Optiques he made a new album after decades and it sounds very promising

Very promising indeed...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Banned
    Yes indeed, love me some François Bréant! Got and still have the vinyl from back in the day! Looks like yet another WS order being seeded here...

Ordered today from Wayside!

Udi, did you hear the actual album?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

From the short excerpts seen in the posted promo clip I would say this sounds VERY interesting and promising. I'll order it as soon as I'll know how and where, since distribution seems very poor. It's also a pity that his two previous albums (re-issued by Musea) are OOP and no longer available, I'm looking for a copy of "Voyeur Extra-Lucide" for years to no avail...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    "Voyeur Extra-Lucide"
    Just listened to this one 20 minutes ago - on vinyl. It's much more electronic-sounding than the first, although still very interesting in terms of composition. Not like the Art D'Echo release by Patrick Forgas or anything - although I always felt that the latter was somewhat unfairly treated.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

based on a sole listening session
    lavish elaborate production and sound yet somehow left me cold