Howdy folks, a few of you may recall my 10-year internet prog show, Epic Prog with The Lurker, which started at The Dividing Line and migrated to ProgRock.com. Fewer of you may remember I did a non-prog show called Lurker's Lair, where I played some of my favorite non-prog tracks. Anyway, it's been five years since I've done a show, but I have been collecting some writing about music on my new site called MichaelLikesToWrite.com and thought it might be of interest to some of you. I've started a series called "My Favorite Albums" and the first two are discussions about albums from decidedly non-prog bands from Tempe, Arizona: the Gin Blossoms and The Refreshments.

If you're interested in those, or other writing I've done about music in general, you can find them at MichaelLikesToWrite.com and the album discussions mentioned specifically are here:

Gin Blossoms - New Miserable Experience

The Refreshments - Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy

Note to the moderators: if this is too self-promotiony, I apologize. I've been around a good while (though I don't post as often these days) and my observations tell me there might be some folks who would have interest. If it helps, the site generates no revenue.