Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324
Results 576 to 589 of 589

Thread: Steven Wilson - New Music Coming? (2020?)

  1. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    By which method you are quantifying that?
    The method by which PE does not represent the opinions of the general public.

    Look... The critics I've seen so far have liked the new record. So beyond a few folks here, and some guys angrily shouting on Facebook/YouTube about how Steven should "bring back Porcupine Tree", there's not any real evidence that he's suddenly alienated most of his fanbase and it does not amount to any serious "blowback" as of yet.

    Once the album comes out, we shall see.

  2. #577
    Member Kcrimso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    The method by which PE does not represent the opinions of the general public.

    Look... The critics I've seen so far have liked the new record. So beyond a few folks here, and some guys angrily shouting on Facebook/YouTube about how Steven should "bring back Porcupine Tree", there's not any real evidence that he's suddenly alienated most of his fanbase and it does not amount to any serious "blowback" as of yet.

    Once the album comes out, we shall see.
    Most? I don't think that anyone has suggested the Wilson has alienated most of his fanbase. But backlash has been significant. I myself have never seen anything quite like it. And I am not talking about so much this group but various progressive rock groups in Facebook.
    "A waste of talent and electricity." John Peel on ELP

  3. #578
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    8,155
    Steven Wilson ruined Porcupine Tree.

  4. #579
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    12,787
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Steven Wilson ruined Porcupine Tree.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  5. #580
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Most? I don't think that anyone has suggested the Wilson has alienated most of his fanbase.
    I disagree. I think that's exactly what people are saying, and some have been alluding to in this very thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    But backlash has been significant. I myself have never seen anything quite like it. And I am not talking about so much this group but various progressive rock groups in Facebook.
    Oh lord... You must not have been around back when Phil Collins ruined Genesis then.

    Again, Facebook is where the loudest voices are the ones that get the attention, and that does not necessarily reflect the majority of people (or even reality). Believe what you want to believe of course. Progressive rock groups on Facebook sound like terrible places to spend one's time, IMO, just based on what Facebook itself has become.

  6. #581
    Member Kcrimso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I disagree. I think that's exactly what people are saying, and some have been alluding to in this very thread.




    Oh lord... You must not have been around back when Phil Collins ruined Genesis then.

    Again, Facebook is where the loudest voices are the ones that get the attention, and that does not necessarily reflect the majority of people (or even reality). Believe what you want to believe of course. Progressive rock groups on Facebook sound like terrible places to spend one's time, IMO, just based on what Facebook itself has become.
    Sorry but my own Facebook progressive music group is THE best place to spend time. Lots of active and intelligent discussion and very strictly moderated. By me! [emoji3] I would invite you but group operates in Finnish.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A waste of talent and electricity." John Peel on ELP

  7. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Sorry but my own Facebook progressive music group is THE best place to spend time. Lots of active and intelligent discussion and very strictly moderated. By me! [emoji3] I would invite you but group operates in Finnish.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My apologies. I didn't know that you have and moderate a group there, and I didn't mean any offense by what I said. Facebook itself is so full of noise and general unpleasantness IMO, but I made a sweeping generalization about progressive music groups -- that was unfair of me. If a discussion group on Facebook is well moderated, then I'm sure it's much better. And the average person in Finland is probably a lot nicer and more polite than the average person where I live.

  8. #583
    Member Kcrimso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    And the average person in Finland is probably a lot nicer and more polite than the average person where I live.
    I don't know about that... we have our share of assholes but they don't usually listen to progressive rock
    "A waste of talent and electricity." John Peel on ELP

  9. #584
    ^

    That's one of the advantages of being a progressive rock fan for sure.

  10. #585
    Here's a trippy new one, or rather a new version of an old one. Steve Wilson says "The latest Future Bites session is one of my very earliest solo recordings. Voyage 34 was released under the name Porcupine Tree way back in 1992, and at the time was one of the longest singles ever released at 30 minutes! This session version is much abbreviated, but look out for a more extended updating of Brian’s 34th LSD trip on my tour next year."


  11. #586
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sussex, England.
    Posts
    1,698
    An excellent interview with SW here:


  12. #587
    Member jefftiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yorktown, VA
    Posts
    169
    The album leaked, unsurprisingly. I found it on a torrent site this evening. I've already heard about half the album since many tracks have been released during the past 9 months. I had hoped that maybe the remaining 5 tracks would be interesting. I could only connect with one, the final track, "Count of Unease". I believe that this song wasn't on the originally envisaged album, when it was announced last March. Back then, the last track was listed as "Anyone But Me". I'm glad that Steven put this one on the album. It's a beautiful, ethereal song. This is its one bright spot.

  13. #588
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sussex, England.
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    The album leaked, unsurprisingly. I found it on a torrent site this evening. I've already heard about half the album since many tracks have been released during the past 9 months. I had hoped that maybe the remaining 5 tracks would be interesting. I could only connect with one, the final track, "Count of Unease". I believe that this song wasn't on the originally envisaged album, when it was announced last March. Back then, the last track was listed as "Anyone But Me". I'm glad that Steven put this one on the album. It's a beautiful, ethereal song. This is its one bright spot.
    Yep, I'm hoping there's at least one or two tracks I might like in which case I'll buy a lossless download of those songs.

    Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

  14. #589
    Member jefftiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yorktown, VA
    Posts
    169
    I saw on reddit that there is a new interview of Wilson by Anil Prasad covering his new album and a lot more. It's quite impressive.

    https://www.innerviews.org/inner/steven-wilson-4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •