Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundcloud Share Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Guys, check out Bandlab. It's free mastering and I really like the results and the options you have to choose from - normal CD, enhanced bass, enhanced treble. Then you can download in a variety of ways including 24bit HD - for free. And it's unlimited, no fee and use it as many times as you need to. The only suggestion I have is make sure your mixes are about 6DB down or more when you submit them for mastering so they have room to do what they need to do.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely try. But it all sounds cool. I love to play with the playback settings.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    At some point the last few days the movie "Nightbreed" popped into my head when I was working on this one, so I made it a song for the outcasts who lived in Midian.
    Nice! Interesting arrangement and a cool 70s vibe over the sound!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

It's been a while since I've done anything that I would consider worth posting here, but I had some minor inspiration and put this together. I think it has a wee bit of a Spanish feel to it and it's soft and melodic, hence the name Besos tiernos (Tender Kiss). It starts off slow and melodic then gets fun at the end.

Last edited by BobM; 11-29-2020 at 08:39 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

There is a bit of a Mediterranean feel to it. Nice atmosphere and build to the drums coming in. I dig the jazzy run at around 4 minutes.
    Last edited by frinspar; 11-30-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post

At some point the last few days the movie "Nightbreed" popped into my head when I was working on this one, so I made it a song for the outcasts who lived in Midian.

The description I gave it on the page:
    A song for the denizens of Midian who daily push against their restraints of the light, to issue forth from beneath and revel in the night.
    Nice track with some tasty guitar tones. Reminds me a bit, in parts, of Alan Parsons "Tales of Mystery and Imagination"....

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    It's been a while since I've done anything that I would consider worth posting here, but I had some minor inspiration and put this together. I think it has a wee bit of a Spanish feel to it and it's soft and melodic, hence the name Besos tiernos (Tender Kiss). It starts off slow and melodic then gets fun at the end.

Muy bueno, Bob....perhaps a new category: ambient Spanish? I like it when it picks up near the end of the song with your nice soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Nice track with some tasty guitar tones. Reminds me a bit, in parts, of Alan Parsons "Tales of Mystery and Imagination"....
    Never have listened to that AP album, but just checked some out and I'll have to track it down now. Sounds really fun.

I used the same guitar, Agile LP copy, on my last 3 songs. But after Lurker and Murmur I did some adjustments because it wasn't sustaining like it should, and there's a definite difference from those 2 songs to Dusk Defiant. At least to me. Hadn't played that guitar in months and wasn't paying enough attention.

Maybe this will be my next album cover

be443c7ed463135c6394e04033e45178.jpg

^^ Always loved the Taco Bell Chihuahua!

Playing with some new sounds after my Arturia software update.

Very pretty and melodic Bob.
    Is the breathy synth in the first half, their EMu EII emulation?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

The initial spacey strings are the Jupiter 8. The main melody is the EMU II (good ears). The arpeggio is the Minimoog. Bass thump is the OBX-a (nothing does bass better). The second melody counterpoint is a Jupiter 8 and Juno overlay. That really ambient piercing pad in the second part is the modular Moog.

Every year, my wife and I record a Christmas song for all of our family and friends. Usually, we choose something non-traditional. Past examples include a serious (at least to me) rendition of "Welcome Christmas" from Dr. Suess, ELP's "I Believe in Father Christmas", Jane Siberry, Loreena Mckennit, and a couple of originals. This year's entry is a song by Enya, "Journey of the Angels" featuring classical guitar, mellotron, a string arrangement, and 4 part harmony. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

Here's the whole batch of 10 that we've done over the years!

Every year, my wife and I record a Christmas song for all of our family and friends. Usually, we choose something non-traditional. Past examples include a serious (at least to me) rendition of "Welcome Christmas" from Dr. Suess, ELP's "I Believe in Father Christmas", Jane Siberry, Loreena Mckennit, and a couple of originals. This year's entry is a song by Enya, "Journey of the Angels" featuring classical guitar, mellotron, a string arrangement, and 4 part harmony. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!
    Beautiful song Joe, thanks for sharing, and MERRY CHRISTMAS.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

^^ The recording sessions for these songs are pretty hilarious. My wife is, as they say, a bit "pitchy"! Merry Christmas Richard and everybody!

^^ The recording sessions for these songs are pretty hilarious. My wife is, as they say, a bit "pitchy"! Merry Christmas Richard and everybody!
    For this original song, it was the Mellotron that was off, you know how those old tapes are..lol(actually, I thought both of you sounded great together).
    I'll check the Christmas songs out as time permits, but more likely closer to Christmas to get me in the mood.
    Please leave some hot chocolate and Christmas cookies out by the Soundcloud entrance.

Hey, Richard. That song is not mine. It's an arrangement of a tune by Enya! I'll get to work on the Christmas cookies and hot cocoa!

Nice stuff Joe. You emulate Greg Lakes vocals rather nice.

Wow! That's a wonderful compliment, Renate. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

I started a thread for a guitar challenge. Please feel free to join in and give us your best.

Here's the link to the challenge:

https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...53#post1014753

Hey, Bob! Nice track. Your samples get a nice guitar sound. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this!

Hey, Bob! Nice track. Your samples get a nice guitar sound. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this!
    You have to participate then. Would love to hear your interpretation and solo's.

Matte Kudesai

A few years back I thought it would be cool to work up "Matte Kudesai" as a more indie folk kind of tune. So I did an acoustic rendition.

Last year I found an artist on soundcloud, Milana Zilnik, who had posted a beautiful piece she'd played on Una Corda piano, which she offered to let others download and collaborate on. I added some improvisation on fretless bass, and guitar, and some drums, Taurus bass pedals, lead guitar and organ in one section.