Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundcloud Share Thread

Here is my latest composition, which is ment to be the closing of my Annus horribilis album, which I will put on Bandcamp.
    Used Arturia V instruments for it. Effects are from Cubase.
    Virtual modular Moog, with a sound I created myself, with aftertouch. Added reverb from Cubase and at the beginning cloner and octaver effect. At the ending cloner effect.
    Virtual upright piano. Started on an upright piano when I was 18, so I decided for this sound.
    Virtual Solina Stringensemble. Edited the sound in the advanced mode, adding aftertouch. Cubase effects: Reverb, chorus, cloner, stereo-enhancher.

Still wondering what I should write next. I have some vague ideas, but no title (I mostly start with that). Thinking of writing an orchestral kind of piece with 2 pianos.

Latest original; "Wonder." Probably the most ambitious thing we have tried to date. The piece is quite long with many different parts. It should be thought of as more of a "suite" (in the classical sense) than a single "song" like the "Last Goodbye." In olden days, when there were "albums," this would have spanned one side. I think most of it works. There are a few rough bits and some things to be smoothed out in subsequent refinement mixes but - here it is "so far" as kind of a Demo.

https://soundcloud.com/aranami/wonder

For any that give it a listen; Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda View Post
    Latest original; "Wonder." Probably the most ambitious thing we have tried to date. The piece is quite long with many different parts. It should be thought of as more of a "suite" (in the classical sense) than a single "song" like the "Last Goodbye." In olden days, when there were "albums," this would have spanned one side. I think most of it works. There are a few rough bits and some things to be smoothed out in subsequent refinement mixes but - here it is "so far" as kind of a Demo.

Epic stuff again. Just segued into rarebirds last one . Great listening.

Lot's of good stuff. I will try relisten later.

Epic piece. Love the vocals.

Currently working on a new piece with the title Life in turmoil. I seem to be throwing in everything but the kitchensink.
    At this moment:
    Arturia Hammond B3
    Nord Electro Hammond clone
    Arturia Concert Grand
    Arturia Concert D
    Arturia Oberheim SEM
    Arturia MiniMoog
    Arturia Yamaha CS80
    Arturia Roland Jupiter-8
    Nord G2 Engine Organ bass pedals
    Nord G2 Engine Bass synthesizer

about half way through "Wonder" now, you need to Bandcamp this as an album. It's great!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    about half way through "Wonder" now, you need to Bandcamp this as an album. It's great!
    You are right, I think. If you combine 'Wonder' with some other pieces, you published earlier, you are having a good album.

Thank you VERY MUCH for the listens and the vote of confidence! Based on a lot of the feedback we have been getting that is definitely in the plan. There are a few more tunes to finish then we will decide what, how and, when to release some of it more "officially."
    Last edited by Cuda; 02-06-2023 at 03:45 PM.

Heres a rough mix of a number I might try and get finished at some point. Not sure what to feel about this this barring rough. tee hee.

Here's a piano piece I did yesterday. Just something in my head that had to come out through the fingers.

https://www.bandlab.com/post/2ca8c94...0-000d3a3f8f45

Dirge Promo.jpg
    Last edited by BobM; 02-12-2023 at 04:36 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by clivey View Post
    Heres a rough mix of a number I might try and get finished at some point. Not sure what to feel about this this barring rough. tee hee.

Really nice song.

Here's a piano piece I did yesterday. Just something in my head that had to come out through the fingers.

https://www.bandlab.com/post/2ca8c94...0-000d3a3f8f45
    I like this. Good playing. Kind of improvisation?

clivey: "Heres a rough mix of a number I might try and get finished at some point. Not sure what to feel about this this barring rough. tee hee." Finish it! I like it. Very old school textures. Dig the solo under the vocals near the fade out.

BobM - That is a really nice piece. I read this comment on the song page "Nobody died, just heard this in my head and had to play it out." as I was listening and couldn't help but imagine someone hearing you play this and being compelled to yell "OH My GOD! WHO DIED?!" really loud. And... that started me giggling... which somehow made the tune even better! All joking aside - it is very nice!
    Last edited by Cuda; 02-07-2023 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks guys. I got #1 listing on the Bandlab Jazz page this week with this song and 3 people used it as the basis for their own songs. I guess it was liked. Probably spent 20 minutes on this improv before I hit record. Sometimes the quick and dirty ones are the best.

Thanks guys. I got #1 listing on the Bandlab Jazz page this week with this song and 3 people used it as the basis for their own songs. I guess it was liked. Probably spent 20 minutes on this improv before I hit record. Sometimes the quick and dirty ones are the best.

I'm not surprised it has been received well, It has that modal jazz vibe. Cool indeed.

Re. My Demo. Thanks for the listens guys. I have a planned Bandcamp EP release underway which will hopefully feature the more polished version along with a few other songs.

Quote Originally Posted by clivey View Post

Really enjoyed the tense, anxious mood in this one, and the lyrics have a very cinematic quality. I like the weird distorted voice in the left channel around 2:15.

Do I hear a little Fish influence in this one? The vocals, the background music, the quirky changes and overall tense feel? Yes, definitely worth finishing. I would suggest a dramatic heavy head banging, pounding guitar part somewhere in the middle and then back to the softer texture to finish.

Great contributions, all! Here's my newest.

At first I thought I might be listening to a new version of Genesis' Afterglow. I have to say I think your vocals have seriously improved over the years. Love the harmonies on this one.

Here's something new and proggy. Written/played in 6/4 so that makes it prog, right?

https://www.bandlab.com/post/839a3fd...0-000d3a3f8f45

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Great contributions, all! Here's my newest.
    Very nice. I like the feel of it. Very dreamy. So much good music on here!

Here's something new and proggy. Written/played in 6/4 so that makes it prog, right?

REALLY like the keys solo at the end! Very nice. I mean the whole thing is sweet but that solo at the end...

Love the synth sounds on this one, Bob!

Very nice. I like the feel of it. Very dreamy. So much good music on here!
    Thanks! I appreciate the feedback!

Thanks for checking it out guys. I have a heavy-ier metal-ish prog song I'm releasing this weekend. And I've got 3 songs in a contest that's being judged Thursday. I'll let you know if I win. The rules were fairly simple ... you had to make an original song of at least 3 minutes using only one synthesizer. It could be a virtual synth and a controller, but only one synth.

So I made 3 separate song entries, one with Arturia's Pigments (love this synth), one with a Yamaha CS80, and one with a Prophet 5. The grand prize is (drumroll) ... a Panasonic R-1088 Electric Organ from 1975. I believe it also has an AM radio built in.

So stay tuned.

Thanks for checking it out guys. I have a heavy-ier metal-ish prog song I'm releasing this weekend. And I've got 3 songs in a contest that's being judged Thursday. I'll let you know if I win. The rules were fairly simple ... you had to make an original song of at least 3 minutes using only one synthesizer. It could be a virtual synth and a controller, but only one synth.

So I made 3 separate song entries, one with Arturia's Pigments (love this synth), one with a Yamaha CS80, and one with a Prophet 5. The grand prize is (drumroll) ... a Panasonic R-1088 Electric Organ from 1975. I believe it also has an AM radio built in.

So stay tuned.
    Interesting contest. Would one multitimbral synthesizer with different sound also count as one synthesizer?