Thread: Soundcloud Share Thread

Soundcloud Share Thread

Or wherever you upload music that you make. Not necessarily pros, more for homebodies, like me, that like to play and do stuff with music as a hobby. I'm too old to want to be a rock star anymore.

I use soundcloud, and I've only recently started writing and recording with more focus. Got tired of learning other people's songs and piling up riffs and ideas. But I don't want to annoy myself by playing with people, and I don't want to annoy them. So I do what I can on my own.

Most is done in GarageBand using my iPad with an iRig, and my guitars and bass with my pedals and/or in-app effects. Nothing fancy, quick & dirty.

I do short instrumentals.

https://soundcloud.com/user-217542724

^ Sounds great frinspar, love the flanging!

https://soundcloud.com/user-354583491

I transferred some weary old 80s cassettes into MP3s a few months ago and put them on Soundcloud.

These are pre -Helmet of Gnats tunes with Poor Mrs Attenborough being the earliest from 1980.

We were in are late teens then.

Dolls is a cool 90s track from an unreleased album by Wayne Zito's old band The Electric Fish.

Wayne joined HoG in 2000.
    Last edited by nosebone; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:25 PM.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Thanks. I'm on a real 80s kick lately with lots of compression and chorus.
    Got a neat Boss Multi Overtone pedal for my birthday that gave me those Hammond-esque tones on Calculated Risk.

Dolls is fusiony fun. Nice and warm, and I like the creepy image you used for it.
    Little Touches has that quintessential 70s/80s piano with sax solo. Fantastic!
    Love the continuous build of Beaming With Pride.

*bump*

It's not something that I composed myself but rather something my son plays a this synth that I made for him.

https://soundcloud.com/wes-grist

He does a Friday night show on Trent Radio, Peterborough Ontario Canada where the music is mostly created in one take on the fly.
    He uses Olias on stage since it's his middle name, can you tell he has prog fan parents?

This is what he is playing it on:

Synth_2.jpg

Nice!

Love that synth you made

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    ^ Sounds great frinspar, love the flanging!

https://soundcloud.com/user-354583491

I transferred some weary old 80s cassettes into MP3s a few months ago and put them on Soundcloud.

These are pre -Helmet of Gnats tunes with Poor Mrs Attenborough being the earliest from 1980.

We were in are late teens then.

Dolls is a cool 90s track from an unreleased album by Wayne Zito's old band The Electric Fish.

Wayne joined HoG in 2000.
    Wonderful stuff, Chris

So fun to hear all these things. Yay music making!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Wonderful stuff, Chris

So fun to hear all these things. Yay music making!

Thanks Kim

Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Great sounding stuff frinspar - nice production values there, also really enjoyed the Poor Mrs Attenborough track which has a 70's classic prog rock sound IMO - particularly like the synth lead on that and some nice almost Phil Miller-esque guitar lines in their too, and congrats on putting that synth together dang! Some talented folks here for sure.
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

I pretty much forgot about this, but my old band Tamandua has five of the eight tracks from our album Eternal Anteater of the Universe on Soundcloud. Can't believe that sucker is the years old already.

https://soundcloud.com/tamandua-1/se...f-the-universe

Hey Rick - Tamandua sounds great!

You sound like a Cuneiform band

Hey Rick - Tamandua sounds great!

You sound like a Cuneiform band
    They were awesome, yes
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Chris, thanks for listening. I'm glad you dug it. I liked the tracks you posted as well. Don't know if you remember, but I saw you open for VDGG up here in Boston and was also at your Magic Room show. I know we said hello at at least one of those.

Kim, you were a fan from the get go. Thanks for the love.

Keep sharing, dudes.

Nice!

Love that synth you made
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    congrats on putting that synth together dang! Some talented folks here for sure.
    Thanks guys. Building the synth was the easy part for me. It's getting something other than cacophony out of it in real time that I need to leave to others more tunefully inclined.