Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Soundcloud Share Thread

Welcome Neron. I listened to a few tracks and may click on a few more later. I like your long formats and complex themes. There's plenty of interesting ideas in there. One thing I noticed that you seem to struggle with is the same thing I struggle with - syncing the drums and incidental things with the melody. In some places they are just a little bit off. Certainly that is harder to do when playing and recording audio tracks to a DAW rather than using pure MIDI, which allows you to quantize most things to be on the click. But overall I like what you are doing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Here's an experiment I made using a Shepards Scale (more info on what that is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepard_tone). Basically it is a scale that seems to keep rising, or falling, perpetually. It's a trick using tones an octave apart and bringing one in while fading the other out. Anyway, here's a simple mix that I did playing with that concept.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

^ Neat, Bob! That patch to emulate a guitar is really good! I've heard this technique in Yes's music. Chris Squire's bass line in Going for the One is one example.