Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1135

Thread: Soundcloud Share Thread

Thanks, Richard! .....and to you and yours!

Though I love Christmas music, I'm always glad when this time of year is over. It always makes me feel more alone. Besides my dad died 3 years ago on December 23, so not really a month with nice memories. My mom also died in December, but that is 21 years ago. So besides having to look after some cats from people who spend time with their family abroad, which makes me a bit extra money, the last part of this month is something I rather skip.

Wow, Renate, sounds like December has been a tough month for you. Hope this year, it's full of hope for the future and good things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Wow, Renate, sounds like December has been a tough month for you. Hope this year, it's full of hope for the future and good things to come.
    I try to work on my music and I've ordered some CDs, as a kind of Christmaspresent for myself.
    This Saterday the first 2 will arrive:
    Steve Hackett - The total experience live in Liverpool
    Talk Talk - The German broadcast 1984

^^Great idea!

Yes, perhaps. The lonelines won't disappear. The death of my mom is a thing of the past.

I made a cover of Ezekielen Prophezia originally by Itoiz and I'm excited to share it.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post

I made a cover of Ezekielen Prophezia originally by Itoiz and I'm excited to share it.
    First off. I am so glad you reconsidered your "posish" re the forum. The debate on AI continues and we all have our choices to make. It would have been a sad day if you had allowed a minor disagreement to determine your ability to continue to engage here. So I will say a warm welcome back .

Re your cover. I have not heard the original yet but will now seek it out.
    I thought your rendition very well recorded and produced with some very fine solo sections and a frantic vibe that I enjoyed.
    I have absolutely no idea what the song is about or the lyrics but it did not detract from the listening experience. I thought I heard some SynSaxophone at points and it fitted well. Thanks for sharing this number and please continue to keep us abreast of your new works.
    Congratulations
    Clivey

Quote Originally Posted by clivey View Post
    I thought I heard some SynSaxophone
    It's a real sax. I'm a novice player plus I use the stock Yamaha 4C mouthpiece so my timbre and technique are far from ideal. I also comped the looped riff heard in the song from a lot of takes and perhaps a good ear can pick out where the audio was cut up. :P

The debate on AI continues and we all have our choices to make.
    I've come to the conclusion that the best and only way to stand up against AI generated imagery is to draw new non-AI art! Protesting against it, roasting it, and discouraging people from using it won't do shit.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Here's another proggy banger from Cereus Sounds (me on keys and vocals).

https://www.bandlab.com/post/13974dc...6-000d3a428257
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Here's another proggy banger from Cereus Sounds (me on keys and vocals).

https://www.bandlab.com/post/13974dc...6-000d3a428257
    Big tune. Dug most of what you guys got down, especially the Vox and Keys. Altogether a great production.

I've been lurking here for a while. This is my first post I believe. Anyway here is one of the more "prog" tracks from our first release: https://manicxpression.bandcamp.com/track/carousel
    Live drums and guitars with virtual instruments. Thanks for listening.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by cmillerjr View Post
    I've been lurking here for a while. This is my first post I believe. Anyway here is one of the more "prog" tracks from our first release: https://manicxpression.bandcamp.com/track/carousel
    Chuck
    Welcome to Progarchives on steroids, buddy!
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Chuck
    Of course I decided to seek out your album after hearing the first number and I am sure glad I did. Excellent. Will listen more.Thanks for posting here.

Czyszy and clivey, thank you for taking the time to listen and comment. It is much appreciated.

https://manicxpression.bandcamp.com/track/carousel
    Chuck
    This is some great stuff. Nice photo of the studio too, and nice set of instruments! You recorded a live drum set?

I got one done. This one took me more than half a year.
    It's got hardware Mini Moog and ARP Odyssey played by Len Rice, trading leads, harmonies, heavy guitar riffs, pastoral guitars, a bit of ethereal guitar, various synths, a Taurus like bass sound, and growling bass guitar (it's not one of my Rickenbackers though). And I absolutely love this drum kit that I used.

Chuck
    Very nice piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Distance of Man 1 View Post
    It's got hardware Mini Moog and ARP Odyssey played by Len Rice, trading leads, harmonies, heavy guitar riffs, pastoral guitars, a bit of ethereal guitar, various synths, a Taurus like bass sound, and growling bass guitar (it's not one of my Rickenbackers though). And I absolutely love this drum kit that I used.
    Really like this. Love the synthesizers.

Currently I'm trying to make a reworking of a piece I did for some video art. At that time I used a Fostex 4-track recorder and a Roland TB-303 bass-synthesizer, combined with my Roland systems 100 model 101 and a Yamaha DX9, which I got temporally, because my Bit99 was away for repair. I did 4 tracks with the TB-303, partly funcioning as sequencer for the Roland. This ment I had to start the thing for every track at the same time. I had the sheetmusic for the sequencer-parts, so this is easy to reproduce. Found the original cassettetape of the original piece and it sounded quite simular to what I'm creating now. It was less messy than I expected it to be, because I had to start each sequencer-part at the right time.
    I'm still waiting for a solution of the problem I have with Cubase 13 and my Steinberg UR12, which Cubase 13 doesn't seem to see. For the composing I only use VST instruments and the soundcard of the computer.

In the end I have been able to solve the problem myself.
    Last edited by Rarebird; 01-31-2024 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Distance of Man 1 View Post
    My god what a fantastic result. It has almost all my favourite pet prog vibes covered. Listening now for first time and I know I will be relistening again.
    I truly hope some of the forum guys who tend to skip over this thread get a chance to hear this. It's really a very fine piece of 2020's progressive music.

(it's not one of my Rickenbackers though)
    WHAT? One of your Rickenbackers?
    One of your Rickenbackers?
    You own more than one fucking Rickenbacker!??!??!?!??
    Dude.... are you a fucking Scrooge McDuck type trillionaire or some shit?
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

My god what a fantastic result. It has almost all my favourite pet prog vibes covered. Listening now for first time and I know I will be relistening again.
    Thanks so much! I’m so glad you enjoyed listening to it.

I think I’ve got about 49 minutes of songs recorded. I want to add another 6-10 minutes before releasing it all as an album. I’ve got ideas for shorter, instrumental ambient pieces that I’d like to record, which I could intersperse among the prog rock songs to complete the album.

It has taken a few years, working on these songs. Life happens. My mother moved to assisted living in 2021 and I spent most of that summer cleaning out the place where she was living and then putting that up for sale. Two days ago she passed away and I’m again moving all her personal items (far fewer this time) out. But I keep getting music done little by little.

WHAT? One of your Rickenbackers?
    One of your Rickenbackers?
    You own more than one fucking Rickenbacker!??!??!?!??
    Dude....
    I had just one 4001 for 31 years.
    But in 2015 or so they came out with the walnut ones, and in 2018 a five string, and in 2020 some very cool limited run colors…
    A few years ago they did a limited run in Moctezuma burst with no neck pickup, and instead a second pickup like the one they use at the bridge, up next to the bridge pickup in what could be considered the center position, about where a Precision bass pickup is. I wish I’d grabbed one of those.

BTW I gotta clarify this. I was extremely tired when I made that post, like, at the verge of falling asleep behind the keyboard so please forgive that childish tone.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

I made a TFK cover earlier today:
    https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1299085
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

I made a TFK cover earlier today:
    https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1299085
    Please give us more.