Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: Soundcloud Share Thread

^^ Very nice! I love the piano sounds you're getting. I think you mentioned that you're not a player. How, then, do you compose? Can you hear something by ear and transcribe it for your instruments to play? Fascinating, if so!

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    ^^ Very nice! I love the piano sounds you're getting. I think you mentioned that you're not a player. How, then, do you compose? Can you hear something by ear and transcribe it for your instruments to play? Fascinating, if so!
    Something like that, or mostly I just put notes down and discover it sounds good to my ears. The piano-sound is the acoustic piano from the Nord Electro 2.
    If I have a melody in my head, I don't seem to be able to translate it to music.
    Last edited by Rarebird; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:55 AM.

And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

^^ Love the bass and drum groove. Good luck with the new record!

Thanks
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Nice! Really good production and interesting timbres! I like the instrumental jams most where things really get grooving Especially the second half of "No More Dance Floor"! Looking forward to the album release!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

So I've been spending the last 2 months learning more about mixing and mastering. I've been compiling an album that is reflective of 2020 in all it's misery and glory. Here's my take on the USA's political morass and a glimpse into the forthcoming album. I hope you like it and will look forward to the rest coming some time in the next month or so on Bandcamp. I will only be requesting a nominal fee for the whole shebang to cover some costs because I take so much pleasure in playing and composing and now mastering that I just want to share it with the world.

Enjoy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    So I've been spending the last 2 months learning more about mixing and mastering. I've been compiling an album that is reflective of 2020 in all it's misery and glory. Here's my take on the USA's political morass and a glimpse into the forthcoming album. I hope you like it and will look forward to the rest coming some time in the next month or so on Bandcamp. I will only be requesting a nominal fee for the whole shebang to cover some costs because I take so much pleasure in playing and composing and now mastering that I just want to share it with the world.

Enjoy

Nicely done

Here's another one. It's not remotely proggy. It's a reflective song about the one that got away! We all have 'em! I know it's kind of a cliche, but you gotta do what comes!

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post

Enjoy
    Wow, really love this track, Bob. Is that a guitar at 2:22? I thought you did all your stuff via keyboards. It has a real ELP feel to it and the guitar sounds are great, particularly the soloing! Looking forward to hearing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Nice, especially the first part. Did I hear a banjo?

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Here's another one. It's not remotely proggy. It's a reflective song about the one that got away! We all have 'em! I know it's kind of a cliche, but you gotta do what comes!

Nice song, a bit John Lennon in the vocals.

Yeah, I do hear shades of Johnny in there Joe. A pretty song that one of the Soundcloud promoters wants to make "BIG" for you. Man, if those promoters went away I would probably only have 2 or 3 followers on Soundcloud.

As for my guitars, they are all keyboards. I've gotten a bit better at playing what I think a guitar player might play, but I'm still working on that. I found some settings in the DAW, like a saturator and some different virtual cabinets that change the sound and make it more realistic. Thanks for the comments.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

That’s the best emulation of a guitar by a keyboard that I’ve heard. Really scary that the sampling has gotten so good. The chording is easier to ID than the single note lines.

Yeah, those Soundcloud “promoters” are a hoot! I guess Spam finds its way onto everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Nice song, a bit John Lennon in the vocals.
    Thank you, Renate! I guess it's unconscious plagiarism!