Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundcloud Share Thread

Ha ha, yeah, a lot to wrap your ears around.

Here's my extended ambient piece. I put it up on Youtube because I added stock photos to tell a complete story. It's called "Submerged".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I just downloaded the Spitfire BBC orchestra VST and decided to play with it during a rainy day here in Florida, hence the name "And in the Summer it Rained". But I put it in Latin, because this is a classical piece after all. (Notice the part in the middle when the sun comes out for a brief respit.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

^^^
    Very nice piece. A bit romantic. I really like the orchestral sounds. Does it take a lot of space?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    ^^^
    Very nice piece. A bit romantic. I really like the orchestral sounds. Does it take a lot of space?
    175MB - I used a lot of tracks to layer the song and it's not too heavy on the CPU either.

Spitfire is making it available free, but first you have to fill out a questionnaire and then wait 2 weeks. Not a big deal and these are some pretty orchestral sounds. I also have their complete LABS VST's, which are also free. Some good stuff in there too.

Sounds interesting. Are there also solo-instruments? I tend to use my sampler, but I've never been able to get all instruments I would like.

Each voice in the orchestra is it's own and can be adjusted for long, staccato, pizzacato, etc. There's also a full orchestral percussion section. Their LABS series is also solo instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Each voice in the orchestra is it's own and can be adjusted for long, staccato, pizzacato, etc. There's also a full orchestral percussion section. Their LABS series is also solo instruments.
    They look very interesting, but I suppose there is no free version of the LABs version, but perhaps there is. I really had to search for the free version of the orchestral program.
    At this moment I'm still planning some work for smaller line-ups, so no need for complete orchestra's.

all of these are free, but you need to install their app and download each one separately.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

Here's the BBC Orchestra link. Also free, but for the small Discover version, not the full thing.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a...stra-discover/

Here's a few other freebies that I like

https://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...r-6/downloads/

http://www.vstplanet.com/News/2019/a...vst-plugin.htm

all of these are free, but you need to install their app and download each one separately.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

Here's the BBC Orchestra link. Also free, but for the small Discover version, not the full thing.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a...stra-discover/

Here's a few other freebies that I like

https://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...r-6/downloads/

http://www.vstplanet.com/News/2019/a...vst-plugin.htm
    Alas not much of interest in the Lab series.
    I already have sampled pianos on my Akai Z4
    Fender Rhodes also for my Akai Z4
    Strings also for my Akai Z4
    Trumpet and alto-saxophone Akai Z4
    Orchestral brass Akai Z4
    Orchestra Akai Z4 (Still the orchestra might be of interest)
    Wurlitzer Arturia V instruments

I'm mostly interested in other brass and woodwinds.

CarvinAbuser, Imposter is impossible to digest in one sitting. Love it, though.

Bob, I really enjoy Submerged. And I like that it builds to something, doesn't just meander without form.

I finally put something concrete together this afternoon. After lunch I started playing with some pedals and just ended up recording this in about an hour. Simple but fun.

Sometimes those quickies offer more than something we over compose. Simple and fun tune there with some good effects/sounds.

I used a combo of the EHX Key9 on vibes with the Alexander Superball for the rhythm, and some EHX Pitch Fork sprinkled in.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    CarvinAbuser, Imposter is impossible to digest in one sitting. Love it, though.

Bob, I really enjoy Submerged. And I like that it builds to something, doesn't just meander without form.

I finally put something concrete together this afternoon. After lunch I started playing with some pedals and just ended up recording this in about an hour. Simple but fun.

The basic riff reminds me a bit of Sugarloaf - Don't call us, we call you

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    The basic riff reminds me a bit of Sugarloaf - Don't call us, we call you
    Ha! I can hear that. Now I want to use my multiovertone pedal to add some organ behind it.

Taking my cues from current events. It started out as a late night pain killing exercise because I just had some dental work done and I slept the day away, so I was up at 2AM on pain killers. Maybe that explains some of the noise. In any case it reminds me of the protests and riots so I called it The March.

Last edited by BobM; 06-14-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Hi, a new one from me - Insatiable

Originally written 10 yrs ago, it's rearranged and recorded properly in my home "studio" (a pc in the livingroom :P)
    Hope you like it - any feedback is more than welcome. Cheers!

Momentvm - Insatiable

^^ I like that - beautiful guitar tone and melody.^^
    Last edited by BobM; 06-15-2020 at 06:05 PM.

^^ I like that - beautiful guitar tone and melody.^^
    Thank you, BobM. I really try to write good and meaningful melodies. Thank you for watching/listening .

This is my take on a song by a world music group called Deep Forest, from their album Boheme. It's called Marta's Song. I used a vocal synthesizer in this one and was able to type in the lyrics from the original song and play a little with the phrasing but it's still obviously electronic. I'm sure the emphasis in the words are totally different and it's in a language I've never heard but it was fun using it.

This is my take on a song by a world music group called Deep Forest, from their album Boheme. It's called Marta's Song. I used a vocal synthesizer in this one and was able to type in the lyrics from the original song and play a little with the phrasing but it's still obviously electronic. I'm sure the emphasis in the words are totally different and it's in a language I've never heard but it was fun using it.

WOW!
    I love it. Those electronic vocals are a nice touch. A whole album with only this kind of vocals would be a bit to much I think, that's what I don't like about these Japanese vocaloids, but one song is nice.

Been at home the last couple weeks with the virus. Didn't do anything the first week but lay here, and I've been trying this week to build up my energy and breathing to get back to work. I felt good enough the last few days to pick up some guitars and put a couple tunes together.

Sounds to me like that fever got your creative juices flowing. Glad you're feeling better. This virus isn't something to fool around with. I've been locked down for the last 2 1/2 weeks also because my daughter caught it. We had her barricaded in her room and dropped off food and fluids, but she's better now and we are in the clear also. Thank God she had a mild version, no fever above 100 and no breathing issues, but then she's 23, not one of us old farts.

Good to hear your daughter and family are through it for the time being.
    I holed up in the den on the sofa bed. It was rough. But I had it relatively mildly. Fevers also didn't get much above 100, but I'm still a bit short of breath after mild activity and have been going out evenings to walk. So work should be interesting, since it's pretty physical. Just have to play it by ear. Taste and smell were what tipped me off first, since I'm usually pretty fatigued. They're still a little wonky, not back completely yet.
    I figured if/when I got this I'd just play guitar for a couple weeks if it wasn't serious. But that first week was just a void of activity and effort.

Fortunately I got through only a little worse for wear and felt like doing something fun, and those are what ended up coming out.