Thread: Flying Colors

Flying Colors

Not a Frankenstein super group

“[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.”

Wow!
    That was so great. I’m not familiar with the DT track, but that was cool. While watching the SB track “June”, my daughter came up behind me singing the song & wow! So cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Never realized that Portnoy could sing. He's not bad, though this isn't very hard, and I suspect he can't do the beefy bellowing or tenor yowl that constitute "real" rock singing.

Don't believe I've ever seen anyone double-tap a bass before...
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

Is that Waldo on guitar? Did they play a Dregs song?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpyprogfan View Post
    Is that Waldo on guitar? Did they play a Dregs song?
    They played Odessy, pretty damn well to.

The new album is very good. I think it's their best effort so far.
    Prog's Not Dead

Just finished hearing Randy Mcstien's set at the Keswick. Really, really good it's no wonder everyone raves about him. He is definitely on his way, excellent band also.

Great concert at the Keswick last night, Flying Colors was superb, it would be hard to pick out a favorite moment. They were very tight, all the unison parts sounded perfect, especially for a part time band. There was a mutual bonding between the audience and the band, looked to me as if everyone from my POV had a blast. I was fortunate enough to meet all the members outside after the show, and have them sign my set list. It was a really good time.

Thursday night I saw Vanilla Fudge at the Sellersville theater, another outstanding show. Going into their 53 year they are still as tight as ever. It's a blast to hear these songs again from back in the day, and bask in the memories. As always at Sellersville, the bands come up and meet the fans after the show. I got my first drum book, Realistic Rock, signed by Carmine, and he got a chuckle that anyone still had a copy from 1969.

Two great nights in a row and one night off now before Brand X, and Robert Berry's 3.2 tomorrow night. So lucky to have the opportunity to see these bands so close to home in these excellent venues.