Thread: Yes "Live At Glastonbury Festival 2003" 2CD set (SFM UK) 11/10/2019

Yes "Live At Glastonbury Festival 2003" 2CD set (SFM UK) 11/10/2019

''Never before released on CD''

This is a full-length concert performance featuring the classic line-up of YES. This incredible show was recorded during the band's '35th Anniversary World Tour' appearance at the Glastonbury Festival 2003.

The YES line up for this show features the talents of: Jon Anderson: Lead Vocals, MIDI Guitar, Harp, and Acoustic Guitar; Chris Squire: Bass Guitars, Vocals; Steve Howe: Acoustic & Electric Guitars, Pedal Steel Guitar, Mandolin, and Vocals; Rick Wakeman: Keyboards and Alan White: Drums, Percussion.

Features 4 bonus tracks from the ‘Yes - Acoustic’ DVD.

Tracklist
    [CD1]
    1. Siberian Khatru
    2. Magnification
    3. Don't Kill The Whale
    4. We Have Heaven
    5. South Side Of The Sky
    6. And You And I
    7. Heart Of The Sunrise

[CD2]
    1. Awaken
    2. I've Seen All Good People
    3. Roundabout
    Bonus Tracks:
    4. Long Distance Runaround
    5. Show Me
    6. Time Is Time
    7. Tiger Rag

Amazon USA
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VJWW33N/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VJWW33N/?tag=imwan-21

This “label” (The Store for Music) is also releasing a 2-dvd set: Yes - The New Directors Cut

Yes - The Director’s Cut movie. Featuring behind-the-scenes footage and previously unreleased live performances at the N.I.A, Birmingham and The Glastonbury Festival, which have only been seen before in edited clips and now due to the demand from fans, have been included in full in this new ‘Directors Cut’.

Track Listing:
    Disc 1.
    Birmingham N.I.A. July 3rd 2003.

1. Siberian Khatru. 2. Magni cation. 3. Don’t Kill The Whale. 4. In The Presence Of. 5. We Have Heaven. 6. South Side Of The
    Sky. 7. And You And I. 8. To Be Over. 9. Clap. 10. Show Me. 11. Rick Wakeman Solo. 12. Heart Of The Sunrise. 13. Long Distance Runaround. 14. The Fish.

Disc 2.

Birmingham N.I.A. July 3rd 2003.

1. Awaken. 2. I’ve Seen All Good People. 3. Roundabout. Glastonbury Festival, June 29th 2003.
    4. Siberian Khatru. 5. Magni cation. 6. Don’t Kill The Whale. 7. We Have Heaven. 8. South Side Of The Sky. 9. And You And I. 10. Heart Of The Sunrise. 11. Awaken. 12. I’ve Seen All Good People. 13. Roundabout.

Last edited by Dan Roth; 10-06-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Hmm...not sure about the 'high demand from fans'. If the sound quality and mix is good I might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Hmm...not sure about the 'high demand from fans'. If the sound quality and mix is good I might be interested.
    You can hear streaming samples from the cd on Amazon.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Never before on CD, but already on DVD for 10 years... brilliant.

The Glastonbury show starts around the 38:00 mark.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    You can hear streaming samples from the cd on Amazon.
    ... and those samples sound ghastly. In parts, some instruments sound burried in back of the mix. No definition to the the mix. I've heard audience bootlegs that sound better than this.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

The playlist and lineup seem pretty much identical to the Live at Montreux 2003 DVD, which I've owned for many years. I'll pass, thank you very much.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I was at the Glastonbury performance, it was great to see this line up playing the classics in the summer sunlight. I’m on the DVD when they cut to the crowd, enjoying the sounds next to Jon’s son.

I don’t really need a CD of this as I’ve had the DVD for a decade, it’s a nice souvenir though.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    The playlist and lineup seem pretty much identical to the Live at Montreux 2003 DVD, which I've owned for many years. I'll pass, thank you very much.
    I have the Montreux DVD as well, and really like it.
    I thought this one looked familiar to the Montreux one.

I remember watching this on BBC live at home. It was introduced by John Peel, who was excoriating. He told the watching millions how much he hated Yes, because of their "pompous self-indulgence".

Of course, thirty odd years before, Peel was one of the prime moves behind the success of the band in providing them with air play.

Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    I remember watching this on BBC live at home. It was introduced by John Peel, who was excoriating. He told the watching millions how much he hated Yes, because of their "pompous self-indulgence".

Of course, thirty odd years before, Peel was one of the prime moves behind the success of the band in providing them with air play.
    Yep, when punk came along Peel turned his back on everything else, total hypocrite.

The Store For Music have been reissuing out of print prog DVDs from the early 2000s for a few years now. They also did Yes Acoustic, Steve Howe's Remedy and Jon's Tour Of The Universe. They come in card digipak style packaging but I think the quality is identical to the original DVDs so they're a good way to get these DVDs on the cheap if you don't already own them.

Yep, when punk came along Peel turned his back on everything else, total hypocrite.
    I don't agree at all about Peel being a hypocrite. He was always committed to championing new, cutting edge, music. His main complaint about bands like Yes was that they became self-indulgent, that everything that made them fresh, vibrant, & exciting in their early incarnations was lost in the subsequent music. Whether or not you agree with this, he didn't turn against them because they were "prog" as such. For instance, he continued to give Peter Hammill the opportunity to record sessions for his show in the late 70s/early 80s. Whatever you may think about the merits of the bands in question, the music scene in general in the UK, & many of the prog bands that we care for around here, had become bloated &/or lost their way by 76/77. I think the music scene needed punk, which in turn paved the way for the really inventive, radical, music of post-punk - which I think had a similar status at the end of the 70s to the underground/proto-prog scene of the very late 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    I don't agree at all about Peel being a hypocrite. He was always committed to championing new, cutting edge, music. His main complaint about bands like Yes was that they became self-indulgent, that everything that made them fresh, vibrant, & exciting in their early incarnations was lost in the subsequent music. Whether or not you agree with this, he didn't turn against them because they were "prog" as such. For instance, he continued to give Peter Hammill the opportunity to record sessions for his show in the late 70s/early 80s. Whatever you may think about the merits of the bands in question, the music scene in general in the UK, & many of the prog bands that we care for around here, had become bloated &/or lost their way by 76/77. I think the music scene needed punk, which in turn paved the way for the really inventive, radical, music of post-punk - which I think had a similar status at the end of the 70s to the underground/proto-prog scene of the very late 60s.
    There may be well some truth in what you say but for example imho Yes, Genesis & Rush made their finest albums in '77, and then the 80's was an awful decade for rock music in general when music became secondary to its money making potential. What is the 'inventive, radical music of post punk' ? All I heard was dross.

...and then the 80's was an awful decade for rock music in general when music became secondary to its money making potential. What is the 'inventive, radical music of post punk' ? All I heard was dross.
    The 80s was a ridiculous decade. The hair styles were ridiculous, the clothing fashions were ridiculous, most TV shows were over the top, most movies were over the top. The ridiculous music was an extension of that.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Apparently this one is an illegal release. See Wakeman's tweet on this:

https://twitter.com/GrumpyOldRick/st...81748880248833

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma View Post

That doesn't surprise me, Amazon is covered in bootlegs these days.

Gotta love that CD cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma View Post

Someone posted a pic of the back cover. Gotta love the honesty: "Audio taken from the DVD"

glastonbury.jpg

Oh, I dont know, I think there was good music to be found in the 80s, if you are prepared to look for it. Some of my favourite that produced great music in the 80s: Psychedelic Furs, Talking Heads, Talk Talk, XTC, Eurythmics, Yazoo, early Human League or Duran Duran. Yes, that particular decade plumbed some pheonomenal lows but hit some highs too. And have you heard a singles chart from the UK in 1976 recently? I did and it was truly horrible. A change was definitely due.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I can confirm that the sound is identical to a straight rip of the audio from the DVD. If you have that you don’t need this at all. If you don’t have the DVD and want an “audio only” option or just can’t be bothered to extract the audio yourself then the CD might be worth a look. I don’t think it is a bootleg, per se. This release might well be covered under whatever contracts were originally signed for Yesspeak.
    Last edited by Frumious B; 11-01-2019 at 05:46 AM.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters