Thread: Glass Hammer LEX REX Remastered News

Glass Hammer LEX REX Remastered News

Hey guys,
    You can pre-order autographed copies of our newly remastered and repackaged Lex Rex. Brand new 16-page lyric and liner note booklet -- and a better sounding album (IMHO). Lex Rex was an important album for us and we hope you'll love the new disc.
    Head to our store and reserve a copy to show your support. We truly appreciate it!

https://glasshammer.com/official-store/

We've also got hi-rez downloads of a few of our albums so consider grabbing a couple of those while you're there.
    Fred and I are writing a LOT of new music and hope to have a new album out in early 2020. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks as always!

Steve

Lex Rex Remastered cover 2019 art fb.jpgLex Rex Remastered cover 2019 art fb.jpg

Great news on all counts, Steve! Lex Rex was my introduction to GH, via a very good friend of mine, and 15+ years later I'm still listening.

New music is always a welcome prospect as well. To paraphrase Ken Golden, a new Glass Hammer album is always money in the bank. Chronomonaut was one of my favorite releases from 2018 (probably even in my top 5) -- and it came out in the autumn, which was just perfect.

Great news about a new album! I don't own Lex Rex, and only ever heard any of it at the Nearfest where you performed most of it. Not really sure why I didn't get it there, though I do remember the performance didn't really resonate with me at the time (didn't really become a fan of you guys until "If".......but have since been buying the albums before that, and already have everything from that one until now). This will be a good reason for me to pick it up though! Looking forward to hearing this and new music in 2020!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I finally got the Lex Rex DVD, the missing piece in my GH collection! Loved their performance at Nearfest (and the CD of that show as well!)

Haven't listened to Lex Rex in a long time, but I remember liking it quite a bit. Same thing with Chrono...Chro-no...CHRONOMETREE! (See what I did there?)

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Haven't listened to Lex Rex in a long time, but I remember liking it quite a bit. Same thing with Chrono...Chro-no...CHRONOMETREE! (See what I did there?)
    Oh yes I do! CTTE 2020 we'll play a track from Chrono.....Chro-no....Chronometree! One we've never attempted! :::::oh no!:::::
    Steve

Just wondering, why a Lex Rex remaster? Was there something you were unhappy with in the original? I think it was great.

Interesting. I would have thought it was "Shadowlands" that gets a remaster. That's the one that sounds bad. Over-compressed.

I’d love to see (and hear) a remaster of Shadowlands. In the meantime I’m in for some hirez. Bought a couple a few years back; did not realize they were available again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Just wondering, why a Lex Rex remaster? Was there something you were unhappy with in the original? I think it was great.
    The remastered disc has a much warmer sound, less bright....less ear fatigue. The lyrics have been out of print for some time now so we've done a really awesome redesign of the cover and lyric booklet with liner notes.

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    I’d love to see (and hear) a remaster of Shadowlands. In the meantime I’m in for some hirez. Bought a couple a few years back; did not realize they were available again.
    We have a few hi-rez albums for download on our store page. More to come in the future of course.

Sweet!!! Lex Rex was where GH became a real force to be reckoned with. Very interested in hearing this...
    The Prog Corner

Looking forward to this. Always loved this album but I felt the mix was weird - very trebly and the drums felt a bit weak. Every GH album after sounds great though.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    We have a few hi-rez albums for download on our store page. More to come in the future of course.
    Already had Perilous and Valkyrie …. ordered all the others

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Already had Perilous and Valkyrie …. ordered all the others
    And I'm emailing them to you now! Lots of emails....sorry about that!
    Thanks for your order and your support!!!
    Steve

And I'm emailing them to you now! Lots of emails....sorry about that!
    Thanks for your order and your support!!!
    Steve
    No worries .... they sound great BTW!

While i saw the Thread when it was posted, despite really enjoying the CD, I tried to resist the temptation to get the new package. But the talk about it being warmer/less "toppy" made me interested as did the new booklet. But I still tried resisting. (I know...it is futile.)

And I didn't see this post yesterday but I did get the email today so I went to the site and was close to buying. Somehow I stumbled onto the promo clip above, and that did it. The familiar themes did sound better through headphones so I pulled the trigger. The sound quality is always the main thing for me.

Of course, autographs never hurt! AND that cool-o neat-o "Glass Hammer" Post-It (TM) note always puts me in a good mood.

Thanks, Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    While i saw the Thread when it was posted, despite really enjoying the CD, I tried to resist the temptation to get the new package. But the talk about it being warmer/less "toppy" made me interested as did the new booklet. But I still tried resisting. (I know...it is futile.)

And I didn't see this post yesterday but I did get the email today so I went to the site and was close to buying. Somehow I stumbled onto the promo clip above, and that did it. The familiar themes did sound better through headphones so I pulled the trigger. The sound quality is always the main thing for me.

Of course, autographs never hurt! AND that cool-o neat-o "Glass Hammer" Post-It (TM) note always puts me in a good mood.

Thanks, Steve!
    I really hope you enjoy it and thanks for supporting GH!
    Steve