Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 20 Years of The Ladder

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    I thought this was an interesting (and rather frustrating) comment about Tormato:

"In 2013, engineer and producer Brian Kehew, who has worked on the remastering of other Yes albums, explained that that the album sounds "thin, flat and terrible". He said that Offord usually incorporated Dolby A, a type of Dolby noise-reduction system, in his production work. However, upon examination of the original tapes he could not locate any sign that Dolby A was used. But when he applied Dolby A to the tapes, "[...] everything – except from the overdubs – sounded amazing". Kehew then realised that the engineers who replaced Offord during the album's production may not have known that the Dolby reduction had been used.[16]"

(the above quotes were from Wikipedia)
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I thought this was an interesting (and rather frustrating) comment about Tormato:

"Kehew then realised that the engineers who replaced Offord during the album's production may not have known that the Dolby reduction had been used.[16]"

(the above quotes were from Wikipedia)
    Oh My, and no one thought to ask why this album sounded so bad? What a huge mistake. Of course, they've remastered and still have not gotten it right. Someone call Steve Wilson. an entire remix should be in order
    I got nothin'

...avoiding any implication that I have ever entertained a cognizant thought.

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Oh My, and no one thought to ask why this album sounded so bad? What a huge mistake. Of course, they've remastered and still have not gotten it right. Someone call Steve Wilson. an entire remix should be in order
    I might even listen to it again if he remasters it.
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.