Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Island of the Idols | Season 39

Survivor - Island of the Idols | Season 39

Game On!

I'm in.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ ditto
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this group of players. I was especially surprised to see Tom Laidlaw who I remember watching play hockey for the Rangers when I was a kid

BUT...those 2 head statues of Sandra and Rob is some of the corniest, dumbest shit I have ever seen. Not sure how I feel about this whole idea although I did get a good laugh at Sandras "fuck no!" response to Rob during tribal
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm curious to see how the whole Rob/Sandra thing plays out. I'm glad that they aren't actually in the game. Having mentors could lead to some interesting things.

When Rob invited whatshername to the fire contest, my immediate thought was "that's a suckers bet". A smart player would weight their odds and turn him down, having seen how fast he made fire the first time. She was pretty much guaranteed to lose her vote. Those kinds of tests will show the audience who the smart players are and who the emotional/impulsive players are. It was also interesting that he made the comment about her taking his first offer and not negotiating.

I'm glad Elaine wasn't voted out. TC really revolved around her being the target and she didn't even get a vote. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this group of players. I was especially surprised to see Tom Laidlaw who I remember watching play hockey for the Rangers when I was a kid
    Same here. Glad to have someone to root for right off the bat for the first time in a while, probably since Tom Westman's two seasons. He's my best friend's cousin.

Too early to grab other favorites, and I kinda like the Rob/Sandra thing. I hated it when they first announced it.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Two weeks - two blindsides. Could turn out to be an interesting season.

Three weeks - three blindsides.

Good on the girls to pull off that blindside on Vince and get the idol out of play. I just hope that the girls alliance can hold it together. Girls have a way of turning on each other.

What an idiot Vince is. He knew for sure that some people were out to get him voted off. What is the point of having an immunity idol if you aren't going to use it? It's too early to believe anyone on the tribe. Save yourself and move on to the next day.

He worked his ass off to get the idol. Now he gets to keep it and remind himself how he, himself, cost him a chance at $1 million.

This has to rank among the stupidest moves in the history of Survivor.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post

This has to rank among the stupidest moves in the history of Survivor.
    Nah. Lots of people leave with idols. The really stupid people use their idols to save someone else and then get voted out.

But, yeah, it was stupid of him not to use it. It's only good for two TCs so, dude, what are you saving it for? Use it this week, find out who your enemies are, then adapt next week. It looks like Vince didn't learn Rob and Sandra's lesson about adapting as well as he thought.

Not happy with the edits. The gal who got her finger cut — no sympathy for her from tribe mates or selectively edited out? One scene later she is fully bandaged. Hmmm...

Vince should have openly handed the idol to her when he was voted out. That would have been classic. She would be safe on the next tribal. Hell, maybe they don’t go to tribal for a while. One never knows. Would have been killer if he’d handed it to her and everyone would be flipping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Not happy with the edits. The gal who got her finger cut — no sympathy for her from tribe mates or selectively edited out? One scene later she is fully bandaged. Hmmm...
    I noticed that too.

Vince should have openly handed the idol to her when he was voted out. That would have been classic. She would be safe on the next tribal. Hell, maybe they don’t go to tribal for a while. One never knows. Would have been killer if he’d handed it to her and everyone would be flipping out.
    Can they do that? I've never seen anyone hand an idol over after they've been voted out. I just assumed that if you are voted out with an idol then the idol is void.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Nah. Lots of people leave with idols. The really stupid people use their idols to save someone else and then get voted out.
    Of course this was no Erik giving up his idol (the worst Survivor move ever), but with Vince it was one of the dumbest moves because he knew the guys were gunning for him. Just on that fact alone, even if you think the women's alliance would keep him safe, he should have still taken out his idol.

Anyone who gets voted out with an idol in the pocket is among the dumbest Survivors ever in my book.

Still, I'm not liking that Tom has a target on his back already.

I agree with how dumb do you have to be to not play that idol especially when you can only use it one of the next two TC's??!! Moron!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Of course this was no Erik giving up his idol (the worst Survivor move ever), but with Vince it was one of the dumbest moves because he knew the guys were gunning for him. Just on that fact alone, even if you think the women's alliance would keep him safe, he should have still taken out his idol.

Anyone who gets voted out with an idol in the pocket is among the dumbest Survivors ever in my book.

Still, I'm not liking that Tom has a target on his back already.
    Yeah...Erik will always be the worst (I can't imagine how you could top that). James being voted out with two idols will always beat someone going home with one too.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

BUT...those 2 head statues of Sandra and Rob is some of the corniest, dumbest shit I have ever seen. Not sure how I feel about this whole idea although I did get a good laugh at Sandras "fuck no!" response to Rob during tribal
    Yeah, I remember Laidlaw too! Didn't realize he was the first Canadian ever to play Survivor! I was saying to my kids that first week...he's playing it like a hockey player....orchestrating moves, but keeping head down the whole time. Something tells me he's going to be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    I'm in!
    Woohooo! Welcome Lino.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Woohooo! Welcome Lino.
    Who invited him??
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

hahahahahahaha
    Forget all that shit, let me tell ya about the time *I* was stuck on a deserted island....

We had recorded the first 3 epis, because we like to watch as a family and schedules are difficult to get the four of us in the same room. So we watched the first two the other night. Then I came to join this thread and saw that Vince had been relinquished in the 3rd episode. So last night we watch the 3rd...it was awesome listening to their commentary, with me knowing the result, and them not even knowing that i know. Both my boys were like "...vince is pretty confident...he may be a playah..." ...then wham, blindside. lol Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    hahahahahahaha
    Forget all that shit, let me tell ya about the time *I* was stuck on a deserted island....
    who let you in here?

Love the blindsides this season!

So is this season's cast particularly good at blindsides? Or is everyone just fucking clueless?

A little of both me thinks. Nora's "persuasion" lesson and ultimate outcome was hilarious! She's lucky they got the win.