Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survivor - Island of the Idols | Season 39

I think the theme of this season has to be: If you have an immunity idol, use it, because nobody is safe!
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Noura dodged a bullet.....what a box of rocks she was.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I am really starting to love Elaine. That girl is cool as a cucumber. Of course, it's all about the editing, but nobody seemed to suspect that she could steal a vote. She only shared it with the one other person who had been to IotI. And even as Jeff was reading out her name and the count was 3/3, she didn't flinch. No stress, no sweat, just waited for the verdict. Of course, she was probably fairly confident that she had the votes to stay, but with all the blindsides this season, one never knows.

I do think that she was a bit too impulsive in agreeing to Rob's offer before she knew what it was. Had she lost her vote, her alliance would have been screwed.

Nice play by Kellee last night. She not only saved an ally, she flushed out Jamal's idol and revealed that Jamal would be willing to play an idol for Noura. Although it seems kind of cocky since his name came up in the discussions of who to vote for.

I love Kellee gave Dean her idol and then voted for him so that she could deny having anything to do with his idol.

I also love that nobody that has gone to Island of the Idols has revealed what really happens there. It'll be interesting to see who is first to let the cat out of the bag.

And, lastly, I super-loved the discussion at last night's TC! I thought it was an interesting decision for Kellee to call out Jamal for his "girl's alliance" comment, and I really appreciated how he responded to it by listening to what the women had to say. I know it was edited down and I'd love to see the entire discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I love Kellee ... voted for him so that she could deny having anything to do with his idol.
    How would the others know that she voted for him?

She wrote his name as "DEaN" - perhaps she told the others that she would write his name that way, to prove that she actually did vote for him?
    Regards,

Duncan

This place has become the "Cheers" of the Internet.
    -- Rushfan

And, lastly, I super-loved the discussion at last night's TC! I thought it was an interesting decision for Kellee to call out Jamal for his "girl's alliance" comment, and I really appreciated how he responded to it by listening to what the women had to say. I know it was edited down and I'd love to see the entire discussion.

That was interesting, and I guess being an African American he could identify with that sort of prejudice. However, he had a point, it's not like the women haven't formed an alliance in past episodes.

Had I been Kellee, I think I might have just kept the idol, and maybe used it as a fake idol or something. In the end I don't think it adds to her position any with anyone really. I really don't think in the end that there are any strong alliances (or vaguely so, and Dean could just as easily spill the beans to get in good with someone else, just to stab her in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post

I also love that nobody that has gone to Island of the Idols has revealed what really happens there. It'll be interesting to see who is first to let the cat out of the bag.

ssion.
    I actually find it a bit hard to believe that no one has spilled the beans about the Island Of The Idols. Do you think maybe they have some kind of clause in their contracts that they can't disclose the "secret" or something? It just seems like human nature would make it very difficult for people to keep it hidden so well.

On another note, so far I am enjoying this season a lot more than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    How would the others know that she voted for him?
    There are four people in Kellee's alliance. If there weren't at least four votes for Dean they would know that someone flipped their vote.

hippypants and SteveSly, you both make good points.