Thread: Cream’s Ginger Baker is ‘Critically Ill in Hospital’

Cream’s Ginger Baker is ‘Critically Ill in Hospital’

From Rolling Stone Magazine.com:
    Ginger Baker, the cofounder and drummer of Cream, is critically ill and in the hospital, according to a social media post shared by his family on his official Twitter account. No further details regarding his illness have been disclosed.

Read more here:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...spital-890731/

Yikes. Maybe "making it to 80" was as far as he'll get.

Not exactly a cuddly human being and I can take or leave Gingers rock and Afrobeat stuff but he's a brilliant progressive jazz drummer. This clip demonstrates why he objects to being compared to players like Keith Moon or John Bonham (two great rock stylists)- they could never play this type of thing- kudos to Frisell and Haden-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql6iGLZL14w

Seems like musicians have been dropping like flies lately. And, with Ginger's lifestyle, it's surprising he's made it this far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

To every thing there is a season...

80 is a pretty good goal for anyone... who knows, Maybe he will get better... hand him a putter and let him whack a nurse over the head. That'll put him in a right state... I Loved his playing, I loved Beware of Mr Baker... a larger than life character to be sure. I wish him and his family all the best. Sad to be losing so many, but hey, the Sinatra crowd has mostly left the building, and its us Rockers who are all next...

Tony Bennett is still going strong.

THats true, but his listeners are leaving for the astral plain at an alarming rate. He has new fans, but its nostalgia that draws them IMO. When I am in Sedona I always go out and listen to a pianist named Phil Rossi - performed with Sinatra for years. He's had throat cancer so he talks with a device he holds up to his throat. His playing is still amazing. Right out of the 40's and 50's - beautiful and heartfelt. Well worth an evening of expensive drinks - even soda pops. Still has the tip jar out too. That's a whole bygone era, but he still loves performing and he's well on his way to 90...

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Tony Bennett is still going strong.
    Tony Bennett and Keith Richards will be the last ones standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    80 is a pretty good goal for anyone... who knows, Maybe he will get better... hand him a putter and let him whack a nurse over the head. That'll put him in a right state...
    Hmm, it's a toss-up as to which will claim Ginger first, his illness or an enraged medical attendant wrapping an IV line round his neck...