Thread: 31 years ago today....

31 years ago today....

We released this.... it's hard to believe it was that long ago. Man, i'm starting to need a nap

Anyway, i don't think i've ever shared this one here. Some of you who have my things may have heard it.

Just because some of you weirdos might dig it, submitted for your approval:

+1 - Side Effect Souls (click the streams link and the cover splash to get in, as per usual)

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/catalog/?15scs1x

I hope it brings a smile. It is on our rather more abstract tip but musical and, dare i say, it is a rock record. Avant-punk surrealism.

Dance until your feet are bloody stumps!

Peace out, everybody. Keep your stick on the ice.

Kim

P.S: This was my dear friend Steve Gore's favourite album of ours. He considered us fellow "rhythm scientists" (his term). This post is in his memory also, may he rest in peace. Yo, word up Stevie G!
    Last edited by Polypet; 09-25-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Thanks, Kimara! Ah, the good Reverand J. Vernon McGee. My mother listens to him on a little transistor radio, lol!

Mensa Mosaic sounds very cool. Great piece!
    Last edited by StarThrower; 09-26-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks, man. I'm glad you like it

Yeah, McGee's radio show is in there, chopped up and refactored among others. He's got such a classic voice.

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I'm piqued. Must listen when I'm not at work! Thanks for sharing!!

I dig.Thanks for sharing.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Always happy to share, as you know Walt. Thank you all for listening

An aside:

In 2008, on the 20th anniversary of that release, we put together a virtual concert in the Dada spirit, which some of you may or may not remember. It was pretty frickin' long ago. Anyway, kind of fun. There were 'exclusives' at the virtual venue, including an initial intro everything and then an interview, of a sort, with the team. Um.... yeah.

So, if you missed it before, the show and/or these little quippy things, here ya go. I hope they make you smile and maybe toot a little.

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/c...who_is_pp.html

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/c...interview.html

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/concert

Note: the last one requires you to allow the Flash plug-in for the audio and little other magic - worth it but i get it, if you don't want to. it is perfectly safe, however. And as a multimedia developer myself, i assure you it's fine. But some browsers will ask for permission and rightly so. I may update the site later when i have time but, for now, this is the deal.

I hope people who can do check it out. It was a lot of work, a lot of fun, and as usual with my things, pretty much invisible LOL Which seriously is fine. The artifact exists out in the world to confuse, delight and hopefully move whoever stumbles upon it. All public domain pieces used for the animations and i designed the backend which drives "the show". A dear friend once commented how much like one of our real shows it was (not). It may not work exactly on all browsers and does require a decently high screen resolution. However, now, 11 years further hence, in 2019, most screens will be suffiently high and machines suffiently fast. The future

I'm just putting this here as an ongoing thank you for your support and for this board. This is the only board where i really feel comfortable and at home. I was doing something which reminded me of this. I hadn't watched it in some years and not on today's machinery. Not bad, imho. Let me know you think.

Happy Thursday, everybody!

K

La la la,

K

Above message bought for you by your warm and subtle fans at

RED BALLOON
    makers of Mischief® and Amphetamine Shirt®

Amphetamine Shirt "Wear it any way you like..."
    Last edited by Polypet; 09-26-2019 at 10:39 PM.

For the benefit of anyone who sees this in time, there is no longer need to view the web presentation. We have produced a lovely recording of the event itself!

It will be premiering this afternoon on YouTube at 3pm PST. I believe one can view whenever they like after that time. You can chat and party at the show with our other 3 fans

Right. Anyway, so here is the link for that. Bookmark it. And please do attend, if you can. Will i personally be there? Why not? No. Yeah, probably. I'm working, actually, but yeah. It's online, after all.

Peace out and stuff,

Kim
    Last edited by Polypet; 09-27-2019 at 09:35 PM.

I did not make the show but one truly dedicated fan - a band member at the time - did show up, thankfully, to take questions from nobody

I'm glad it's up now though. Whenever you have a little time to take it in, please do. I hope it makes you think, smile, tap your feet and otherwise be moved.

Peppermint twist, everyone.

K

This post doesn't seem to come up in any of my searches... if you do see this thread, and if you find this interesting enough, please spread the word. That's all i've got.

And now: blub.... blub... blub...

Don't forget there is also this companion piece: PP - With Hidden Noise (http://www.precognitiverecords.com/HiddenNoise) - which you may find enjoyable also.

Peace out for now,

Kim

One last subtle bump, as this thread seems to be invisible to the listings...

Happy Saturday everybody!