Thread: Gregg Allman - Laid Back Deluxe Edition

Gregg Allman - Laid Back Deluxe Edition

My favorite album of Gregg's released in a 2 cd set with unreleased songs. I'm always leery of buying things over again. Has anyone bought this and is it worth it? Also the soundboards of The Allman Brothers at the Filmore West have been released. Any thoughts?

Rick

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Count me as highly interested!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Haven't seen it, but if his road band at the time, Cowboy, is involved, I'm interested.
    Can this be the swan song? The final elbow?

Definitely his best solo album IMO. I would be interested in checking this out.

Saw The Allman Brothers many times, including the Gregg Allman tour of 74. Just bought a ticket yesterday for the Allman Family Revival, with
    The Allman Betts Band and lots of guests, at The Fillmore in SF. Plus, I have my own Allman Bros. tribute band, Idlewild West. https://idlewildwest.band/index.html

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Lucky you.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Lucky you.
    Thanks so much! Plus, tomorrow is our first Cream tribute band rehearsal! Jack!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Saw The Allman Brothers many times, including the Gregg Allman tour of 74. Just bought a ticket yesterday for the Allman Family Revival, with
    The Allman Betts Band and lots of guests, at The Fillmore in SF. Plus, I have my own Allman Bros. tribute band, Idlewild West. https://idlewildwest.band/index.html
    I wish I could have seen his '74 tour. I'm envious. At least we have a recording from it. I would hope a new cd would come out of that tour with bonus material live. Good luck with the Cream set.

Rick

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I wish I could have seen his '74 tour. I'm envious. At least we have a recording from it. I would hope a new cd would come out of that tour with bonus material live. Good luck with the Cream set.

Rick

Rick
    Thanks Rick! First rehearsal went very well, happy to say. Should be fun playing this music. Jack!