Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Gregg Allman - Laid Back Deluxe Edition

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia Area
    Posts
    1,008

    Gregg Allman - Laid Back Deluxe Edition

    My favorite album of Gregg's released in a 2 cd set with unreleased songs. I'm always leery of buying things over again. Has anyone bought this and is it worth it? Also the soundboards of The Allman Brothers at the Filmore West have been released. Any thoughts?

    Rick

  2. #2
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,645
    Count me as highly interested!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  3. #3
    Pikachupacabra spellbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Eastern Sierra
    Posts
    1,215
    Haven't seen it, but if his road band at the time, Cowboy, is involved, I'm interested.
    Can this be the swan song? The final elbow?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,438
    Definitely his best solo album IMO. I would be interested in checking this out.

  5. #5
    Saw The Allman Brothers many times, including the Gregg Allman tour of 74. Just bought a ticket yesterday for the Allman Family Revival, with
    The Allman Betts Band and lots of guests, at The Fillmore in SF. Plus, I have my own Allman Bros. tribute band, Idlewild West. https://idlewildwest.band/index.html

  6. #6
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,645
    Lucky you.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Lucky you.
    Thanks so much! Plus, tomorrow is our first Cream tribute band rehearsal! Jack!!!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia Area
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Saw The Allman Brothers many times, including the Gregg Allman tour of 74. Just bought a ticket yesterday for the Allman Family Revival, with
    The Allman Betts Band and lots of guests, at The Fillmore in SF. Plus, I have my own Allman Bros. tribute band, Idlewild West. https://idlewildwest.band/index.html
    I wish I could have seen his '74 tour. I'm envious. At least we have a recording from it. I would hope a new cd would come out of that tour with bonus material live. Good luck with the Cream set.

    Rick

    Rick

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I wish I could have seen his '74 tour. I'm envious. At least we have a recording from it. I would hope a new cd would come out of that tour with bonus material live. Good luck with the Cream set.

    Rick

    Rick
    Thanks Rick! First rehearsal went very well, happy to say. Should be fun playing this music. Jack!

  10. #10
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,645
    I have no idea what this is like - Jazz Interpretation of the Allman Brothers:

    https://store.newwestrecords.com/pro...eid=fb416d95b8
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  11. #11
    I’m a big fan of process, so love albums with outtakes, alternate mixes etc. Love Allman’s first solo record (though his last two studio records were also amazing), so this was an auto-buy and I’m glad I have it. A lot of terrific stuff in there!

    It’s especially great in 24/192 high res, btw, though they only sell the original album remastered. If you want all the extras you’ve gotta buy the 2cd set.
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia Area
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Iím a big fan of process, so love albums with outtakes, alternate mixes etc. Love Allmanís first solo record (though his last two studio records were also amazing), so this was an auto-buy and Iím glad I have it. A lot of terrific stuff in there!

    Itís especially great in 24/192 high res, btw, though they only sell the original album remastered. If you want all the extras youíve gotta buy the 2cd set.
    Thanks. Iím going to probably get it because Iím a sucker.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I have no idea what this is like - Jazz Interpretation of the Allman Brothers:

    https://store.newwestrecords.com/pro...eid=fb416d95b8
    Wow! Thanks a lot! Pre ordered. Jack Pearson!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •