Thread: Barriemore Barlow turns 70

Barriemore Barlow turns 70

Happy birthday Barrie, one of the all time greats and simultaneously underrated rock drummers. Check out this birthday message from other musicians and friends:

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

ah that was positive and great

thanks for linking!
    2trevorsforlife

Banned
    Damn straight he's underrated! I remember him well in his prime: a blur on the toms while doing tight "rolls" with heart-stopping double kicks. He doesn't even appear on Rolling Stone's list of 100 Greatest Drummers of All Time.

Billy Cobham appears only at 45 behind several drummers who could only dream of attaining his level of technical prowess and feel IMO. Christian Vander somehow sneaks in at 100! Of course there are a lot of fantastic drummers left off the list. Sorry, this was probably already discussed and I'm a bit off topic. Anyway, happy birthday Barrie!

Love Barriemore! His solo on the live 1977 DVD is insane! One of the greats for sure.

Marco sounded better playing found objects with his fingers than all of those other guys behind their kits.

Very cool tribute, and yes the Marco bit was jaw dropping, as was Doane Perry.