Thread: UFO Concert 1974

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

UFO Concert 1974

I saw these guys the same year. This brings back memories.

We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Yeah! Awesome.

Is that Schenker?

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    It is.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I saw Schenker a couple of years ago in Pittsburgh and he was incredible. He's had some down years, but those days appear to be behind him.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

That live '74 footage was on the Strangers in the Night "Making of..." DVD from a few years back. It's cool to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Yeah! Awesome.

Is that Schenker?
    It's a blond guitar demon, so yes, that's Schenker alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    That live '74 footage was on the Strangers in the Night "Making of..." DVD from a few years back. It's cool to have.
    odd "pairing" really, because UHO was a fairly different group by SitN (IMHO)

That double live is the only one I ever kept (not a big fan of the post-Cosmic rock era, but then again, I own nothing from that era either) and I don't think it would suit as a bonus to it.

but whatever

a quick viewing of the footage didn't really change my mind about the band., though.

*** near-rant over***
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    odd "pairing" really, because UHO was a fairly different group by SitN (IMHO)

That double live is the only one I ever kept (not a big fan of the post-Cosmic rock era, but then again, I own nothing from that era either) and I don't think it would suit as a bonus to it.

but whatever

a quick viewing of the footage didn't really change my mind about the band., though.

*** near-rant over***
    It's the same band that's on the '74 footage + Paul Raymond. It fits fine, imo. Plus, who really cares where the footage is as long as it's available? What would be nice is to have the '75 Roundhouse footage officially released.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    It's the same band that's on the '74 footage + Paul Raymond. It fits fine, imo. Plus, who really cares where the footage is as long as it's available? What would be nice is to have the '75 Roundhouse footage officially released.
    On the Hot n' Live: The Chrysalis Live Anthology (1974-1983), there's 5 Roundhouse songs from 1976 and three from 1977. I've never heard of stuff from '75.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Prime Video has a couple of Schenker videos..."Temple of Rock", or something like that. He is still a monster player.
    Last edited by Guitarplyrjvb; 09-09-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    On the Hot n' Live: The Chrysalis Live Anthology (1974-1983), there's 5 Roundhouse songs from 1976 and three from 1977. I've never heard of stuff from '75.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Prime Video has a couple of Schenker videos..."Temple of Rock", or something like that. He is still a monster player.
    I saw him last year, on his Schenker Festival tour, and he was awesome! He played like a 2 and a half hour show, with the last half hour being all UFO songs, including a 13 minute version of Rock Bottom.
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 09-09-2019 at 03:43 PM.