Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You Scientist - Terraformer

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Well, gave the new double-album another solid listen on a long drive, the other day. Definitely a lot to dig into. I find the second disc the best, and there are a couple of killer tracks at the end of disc one, including a killer instrumental. They seem to come up with a great instrumental on every release, incorporating wicked riffs and letting each player shine. All-in-all a very good release, with their most full and lush sounding production yet. This seems to help smooth out some of the chaotic, busy nature of the music. I never get why some people find the vocals a deal-breaker...they sound great to me.

It does sadden me a bit, that one of the most talented, energetic and hard-working young, modern prog bands out there, still hasn't made it to a two-page thread, but there you go.

For me at least, 2019 has been another year of super-solid releases, and this fits right in.

neil
    Thanks for the positive comments. It saddens me also that this great new prog band is going unnoticed. They deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Well, gave the new double-album another solid listen on a long drive, the other day. Definitely a lot to dig into. I find the second disc the best, and there are a couple of killer tracks at the end of disc one, including a killer instrumental. They seem to come up with a great instrumental on every release, incorporating wicked riffs and letting each player shine. All-in-all a very good release, with their most full and lush sounding production yet. This seems to help smooth out some of the chaotic, busy nature of the music. I never get why some people find the vocals a deal-breaker...they sound great to me.

It does sadden me a bit, that one of the most talented, energetic and hard-working young, modern prog bands out there, still hasn't made it to a two-page thread, but there you go.

For me at least, 2019 has been another year of super-solid releases, and this fits right in.

neil
    They did the instrumental live when I saw them back in July and just slayed it. They had a pretty good crowd at the gig, but I agree this band deserves better. They are actually coming back to my area in November, but I have tickets for Tool in Detroit that same night, so can't see them this time.