Thread: Fred Frith and Tim Hodgkinson on "We're God"

Fred Frith and Tim Hodgkinson on "We're God"

Last edited by auxfnx; 08-30-2019 at 06:41 AM.

My fave Rascal Reporters-album, although I actually didn't know of their participation here.

Sound was always murky on this. Much more so than on Happy Accidents or The Foul-Tempered Clavier. Purple Entrapment is a bit on/off.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    My fave Rascal Reporters-album, although I actually didn't know of their participation here.

Sound was always murky on this. Much more so than on Happy Accidents or The Foul-Tempered Clavier. Purple Entrapment is a bit on/off.
    Henry Cow guys aren't actually performing on this album, but the video features quotes from them regarding the album from when the guys were getting in touch about featuring on Ridin' on a Bummer!

Sound was indeed quite murky on this album, I think I've done a pretty good job of clearing things up with this edition - really enjoyable for me to listen to now anyway! This was still early days for them, and some tracks, like Fidget Stomp for example, were actually recorded by dubbing back and forth between two cassette decks, so there could be a lot of noise!! I think this has been tempered fairly well in this new remaster.

Going to be getting all the studio albums up on Bandcamp and so might be having a look at the sound on other ones as I progress through them!