Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters Us and Them Concert Film

Roger Waters Us and Them Concert Film

Don't think I saw anything posted on this. A Roger Waters concert from Amsterdam in 2018 is showing in theaters October 2nd and 6th. Not sure if it's the complete concert or which of the four nights at the Ziggo Dome it's taken from, the encores were apparently a bit different on different nights. Same videographer that did the 2014 Wall tour film .

ROGER WATERS: US + THEM

Roger Waters, co-founder, creative force and songwriter behind Pink Floyd, presents his highly anticipated film, Us + Them, featuring state-of- the-art visual production and breath-taking sound in this unmissable cinema event. Filmed in Amsterdam on the European leg of his 2017 – 2018 Us + Them tour which saw Waters perform to over two million people worldwide, the film features songs from his legendary Pink Floyd albums (The Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Animals, Wish You Were Here) and from his last album, Is This The Life We Really Want?

Waters collaborates once more with Sean Evans, visionary director of the highly acclaimed movie, Roger Waters The Wall, to deliver this creatively pioneering film that inspires with its powerful music and message of human rights, liberty and love. Not rated. 135 minutes

With this and PF's The Later Years, the Christmas list will be easy to put together this year.

Is this slated for a home video release already? I only saw that it was coming to theaters (I mean, obviously it WILL hit home media...but I didn't think they'd put a release date out there yet).
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

A friend of mine is all hyped up about this theater release, says he's going both nights.... I saw that tour and have fond memories from that evening.. count me in for the DVD release but I have no interest in seeing it in the theater..

It may take a while for the DVD. Not likely for Christmas, maybe by Saint Swithins Day. If I recall correctly the Wall DVD was released the year after it played in theaters.

Forgot the link to find local theaters
    https://www.rogerwatersusandthem.com/
    Last edited by Wah3; 08-29-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Is this slated for a home video release already? I only saw that it was coming to theaters (I mean, obviously it WILL hit home media...but I didn't think they'd put a release date out there yet).
    I haven't heard anything about a release date, but with the early October I wouldn't be surprised if it's ready for the holidays.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Roger Waters, co-founder, one of five creative forces and one of the songwriters behind Pink Floyd

^ Fixed that.

I do like Waters and the rest of Floyd. I just find this kind of thing a bit annoying.

Should be a barrel of laughs

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Roger Waters, co-founder, one of five creative forces and one of the songwriters behind Pink Floyd

^ Fixed that.

I do like Waters and the rest of Floyd. I just find this kind of thing a bit annoying.
    Yesah, well, he's been doing that for 35 years now. I remember in the advertising for his first solo tour he was billed as "The genius behind Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall". Notice he never bills himself as "The genius behind The Final Cut" or "The genius behind Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking".

Am I the only person in the world who actually likes The Final Cut? Seriously.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Yes, well you and Roger Waters

Count me in. So dark with the sparse arrangements it is captivating when the mood strikes. Doesn't get a lot of spins, but when I put this on its really good. Definitely not party music!

What was the general consensus of the hardcore PF fanatics when this came out '83? Or did the hardcore "fans" already jump ship in the mid-late 70's?
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Banned
    I like the Final Cut it as some great moments and some really great lyrics like

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
    I can barely define the shape of this moment in time
    And far from flying high in clear blue skies
    I'm spiraling down to the hole in the ground where I hide
    or

you believed in their stories of fame fortune and glory
    now you're lost in a haze of alchohol soft middle age
    the pie in the sky turned out to be miles too high
    and you hide hide hide
    behind brown and mild eyes
    However, it is clearly a RW solo effort and not a band record.

As far as hard-core PF fanatics go - I thought they jumped ship in 1968 when Syd left! I pretty much bailed after The Wall.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    We've had this conversation at least a couple of times before, but I love the album.

I don't love TFC, but I do like it.

Well, the guy is a fucking genius and has written some of most incredible music and lyrics of the genre.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    What was the general consensus of the hardcore PF fanatics when this came out '83? Or did the hardcore "fans" already jump ship in the mid-late 70's?
    Rolling Stone fell all over themselves when they reviewed it.. I bought the vinyl the first week it came out and thought it was just what it was.. leftovers from The Wall with a couple of new songs with lyrics that were that related to the current world stage.. MTV played the hell out of Not Now John video.. Count me in as one who likes it.. like others it's not my go to album but when the mood strikes me I'll give it a spin..

No. I like the Final Cut.

I like the Final Cut as well.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I like the Final Cut as well.

I like TFC for what it is to me : a frustrating, haunting, suffocating Roger Waters album performed by what was left of Pink Floyd at the time. The guitar and sax solos have an extra intensity because they provide a well needed sense of release and breathing. I absolutely love the title track.

I'll pass. I just don't have the inclination anymore to watch movies of concerts. When I play music, I am usually doing something else. Life moves on & you change. What I was, I no longer am.

I didn't know it at the time, but I was on the railing of HMS P. Floyd, ready to jump, after listening to The Wall. As a deep-down-to-the-marrow PF fan, I really wanted to like The Wall. The Final Cut made the decision easier for me. I've not regretted it. Nothing any of them have done since has caused me to re-think my decision. Great memories of good music. Or maybe it was the memories that made the music good? I still love music. I'm always looking for a new spark. Surrounded, as I am, by college radio stations, I often hear something that catches my interest & I feel re-born.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

There will be overdubs ...