Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Book about Hawkwind & The 1970s

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBanks View Post
    Ah, the special edition hardback is only available from Strange Attractor - http://strangeattractor.co.uk/shoppe...e-underground/ If you contact them directly, they will advise re US price/shipping.
    I did contact them, this is what I wrote: I live on the east coast of the United States(21237). How much would the Hawkwind hardback special edition cost in American dollars with shipping to my zip code.

And this is their response: It would not be more than 10.00

Thanks

Martha

Which still basically tells me nothing.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I think that's around 14 bucks, Ed, unless the British election has seriously altered the exchange rate. You can Google currency exchange and plug the numbers in and get an exact figure. I have currency converter Xe bookmarked. (Or something like that.)
    However, the merchant may require payment in .

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I think that's around 14 bucks, Ed, unless the British election has seriously altered the exchange rate. You can Google currency exchange and plug the numbers in and get an exact figure. I have currency converter Xe bookmarked. (Or something like that.)
    However, the merchant may require payment in .
    I think that's just the shipping rate. So if 10=$14 then 50=$70 for the hard back.

I really enjoyed the book, "Sonic Assassins" that came out in 2004. Really well written and delves into the history of the band with lots of involvement from various band members and some great quotes. I understand that a revised edition came out a few years later, but I never picked that one up. I highly recommend this one:

Hawkwind will always have a special place in my heart & mind, my first concert (at 15yo) was the Space Ritual Tour, in 1973, with all the original and cool guys... But I too don't read much anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I think that's just the shipping rate. So if 10=$14 then 50=$70 for the hard back.
    Yes, the election has boosted the pound against the dollar, but online conversion of 60 ie. book plus shipping, is currently $79.95. Which I appreciate is a lot of money... but hopefully worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBanks View Post
    Yes, the election has boosted the pound against the dollar, but online conversion of 60 ie. book plus shipping, is currently $79.95. Which I appreciate is a lot of money... but hopefully worth it!
    Will you ever sell the hardback in the states say like Barnes and Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Will you ever sell the hardback in the states say like Barnes and Noble.
    As things stand right now, the hardback will only be available as part of the special edition package from SA - all retail copies, UK & US, will be paperback.

Just bumping this thread back up.

Confusing dates all around....Stranger Attractor has 2 Dates on it's site......1. Late 2019 and 2. March 2020. Amazon has June 2020. I plonked the $73.00 for the hard back back in August 2019.....never been contacted about delays except on this website.

You can see concern that it could be almost 10 months since ordering and have never been contacted by Strange Attractor for the delays. What happened? Someone's dog eat a Chapter?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Really sorry about this confusion over publication, if you ordered through SA, you should have received a message from them about this. It was originally planned for November, but there were problems with the layout which needed fixing, and then of course it was Xmas etc. I think Amazon has always said January, but that was down to MIT, SA's US distributor, no idea where that date came from - suffice to say it's not correct. As far as I know, we're now looking at March. I appreciate it's been a long wait, and if I'd known it was going to take this long, we wouldn't have done the pre-orders so early. Hopefully you'll think the wait worthwhile!