Thread: Peter Banks with Blodwyn Pig BBC 1970

Peter Banks with Blodwyn Pig BBC 1970

Nice extended guitar solo- quite different from Mick Abrahams approach but still works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HCp_0Em__k

Banned
    Blodwyn Pig, really? Doesn't sound like them at all, and the picture isn't Jack Lancaster, Andy Pyle and Ron Berg so far as I can tell. When did BP ever perform without Mick?

Sure this isn't Flash doing a Blodwyn Pig tune?

Looks like the clip was sourced from peterbanks.net. DMME.NET interview with Jack Lancaster, referencing the BBC session with PB- the band had booted Mick and shortened the name to Blodwyn....not sure who else was in/out.

You called Barry Reynolds from PACIFIC DRIFT to fill the gap, but why Peter Banks who didn’t seem to be a blues guitarist?

Actually, Peter played bluesy stuff quite well. That’s not to say the band worked well… It didn’t.

– Did BLODWYN do any recordings with Banks?

We did some live work together but there are no studio recordings. However, I do believe that a live recording exists of a John Peel BBC show, although I’ve never heard it.
    Last edited by bfd; 08-23-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Looks like Ron Berg and Andy Pyle on the far right, to me. Interesting take on the Blodwyn Pig tune. Very different in the solo section. BP were an astounding band.
    I liked Mick Abrahams' playing better than Martin Barre's, though Martin is mighty fine as well.

Banned
    Mick wasn't fired for incompetence.

I never knew Banks was in Blodwyn (Pig). I've always found his playing hit-&-miss, and this solo doesn't contradict that impression. Abrahams was the shit....
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Looks like Ron Berg and Andy Pyle on the far right, to me.
    Plus Jack Lancaster on the left and Barry Reynolds, center.
    Get the fresh, long-lasting flavor of PALEOZOIC:
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...-CD-spc-4.aspx