Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glass Hammer in Chattanooga on March 10 - Anyone going?

Glass Hammer in Chattanooga on March 10 - Anyone going?

Glass Hammer is playing in Chattanooga on Sunday, March 10 at Rhythms & Brews. I’d like to go but I’m reluctant to buy advance tickets because I never know when my ma-in-law will need me to take her to the doctor. Calling Rhythms and Brews gets you the usual recorded announcement, no person to speak to. Can anyone clue me as to how likely the show is to sell out? Anyone else planning to go?

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    Glass Hammer? selling out? I don't know the size of the venue, but i think you are good.
    Because you know how we draw in our home town, right...

Anyway, we're not promoting really heavily, mainly family friends and fans. Advance ticket sales are always really slow at this place. It's a smallish venue and we usually fill it, but most people going will buy at the door and I doubt anyone will get turned away. Really hope you make it Burley, it should be a good show!
    Last edited by trurl; 02-26-2013 at 05:36 PM.

A Sunday night?

My son lives in Chattanooga but I am sure he has no interest in going. I'd go if I lived there though.

Thanks (especially trurl), we plan to be there. Been fans for a long time, saw them at Progday '97, great set.

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    Glass Hammer? selling out? I don't know the size of the venue, but i think you are good.
    You realy go over the top sometimes, you know? Insulting a band who take the time to join PE and comment here is not cool. Valid criticism is one thing, insulting is another.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    You realy go over the top sometimes, you know? Insulting a band who take the time to join PE and comment here is not cool. Valid criticism is one thing, insulting is another.
    i'm going delete that post even thought it wasn't an insult, but you decided that it was. Sorry about your party!

Googling distance to Chatanooga from Dallas now...

I'd Love to see you guys....

Ouch! 700+ miles...

I'l just finish buying your catalog... when is Inconsolable gonna be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Googling distance to Chatanooga from Dallas now...

I'd Love to see you guys....

Ouch! 700+ miles...

I'l just finish buying your catalog... when is Inconsolable gonna be available?
    That would be hard core Although it wouldn't be a record! Date for IS is not set. It's been mastered but I know it will be after the Cruise. April, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    That would be hard core Although it wouldn't be a record! Date for IS is not set. It's been mastered but I know it will be after the Cruise. April, I hope.
    Would be great if its out in time for Rosfest, I'm sure a vendor would have it there, and plenty of people willing to buy it. I already have the whole GH catalog, the new version of "IS" is all I'm missing.

trurl...looking forward to the new one and I hope the show goes well. I'd like to go since I'm not too far away but just can't make it. what's up with Michelle Young these days? do you all keep in contact? I heard she was teaching music in the Chattanooga area. just wondering is all....
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    Would be great if its out in time for Rosfest, I'm sure a vendor would have it there, and plenty of people willing to buy it. I already have the whole GH catalog, the new version of "IS" is all I'm missing.
    Totally agree, it really, really needs to be there. I expect it will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    trurl...looking forward to the new one and I hope the show goes well. I'd like to go since I'm not too far away but just can't make it. what's up with Michelle Young these days? do you all keep in contact? I heard she was teaching music in the Chattanooga area. just wondering is all....
    I haven't talked to her for a few months, actually... yeah, she's teaching here in town but she gigs in Germany a fair amount too with Rudi from Pur, I think. Probably ought to look at her Facebook page...
    Last edited by trurl; 03-01-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Probably out to look at her Facebook page...
    will do. thanx for the response. cheers
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    will do. thanx for the response. cheers
    As will I No prob!

Totally agree, it really, really needs to be there. I expect it will be.
    Cool! That will be at the top of my shopping list!

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    Although I've been checking for weeks now, I cannot get a decent airline ticket price from Seattle ($800? Are you kidding me?). I have good friends who live only blocks from Rhythm & Brews, and I wanted to introduce them to the music of Glass Hammer (imagine, people from Chattanooga unaware?!). I'm hoping they will still go to the show without me so I can get a full report of the amazing time I missed.

I know you guys will kill it tonight - only wish I could be there to enjoy. Guess I'll just have to put on "Lex Live" tonight and pretend
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ Is it only me who thinks if they really lowered airfairs WAY more people would travel and airlines might be more profitable? If they still had $100 fares from NYC to London I'd be going to London for long weekends all the time. I used to be able to fly home to NYC from Syracuse for $25!

Good Lord, if I knew someone spent that much money to be there I'd be so freaked out I don't think I could play *lol* Off to soundcheck now! I imagine Youtube video will surface and hopefully it will be good Sorry you can't be there!

-Fred

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ Is it only me who thinks if they really lowered airfairs WAY more people would travel and airlines might be more profitable? If they still had $100 fares from NYC to London I'd be going to London for long weekends all the time. I used to be able to fly home to NYC from Syracuse for $25!
    All I know is that if airfare was $100, I'd have seen friggin' Glass Hammer tonight.....and the airlines would have had $100 of mine they don't have right now.
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

Good Lord, if I knew someone spent that much money to be there I'd be so freaked out I don't think I could play *lol* Off to soundcheck now! I imagine Youtube video will surface and hopefully it will be good Sorry you can't be there!

-Fred
    Sorry to almost freak you out, Fred. I'm not a stalker.......promise! (evidently I'm not rich enough to be a stalker ). Here's hoping everything went well tonight.

Oh, and if you'd like to guarantee I'm at your next show......make it in Seattle!

- Mike
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

Quote Originally Posted by mpoll View Post
    Sorry to almost freak you out, Fred. I'm not a stalker.......promise! (evidently I'm not rich enough to be a stalker ). Here's hoping everything went well tonight.

Oh, and if you'd like to guarantee I'm at your next show......make it in Seattle!

- Mike
    Gotta say I was REALLY happy with our show! It wasn't perfect but this band is just... man, the new guys *lol* Aaron and Alan- off the chain! I really hope we get out on the road a little in the coming year.

Trurl, you SHOULD be extremely happy with the show, it was great. I was in the balcony over center stage, I was the air drummer :^) If it's not too much trouble maybe you could post the set list. If you guys repeat that show on the cruise I know it will kill. And, not to get too personal, but who are you? Fred? If so, thanks to you and Steve for signing my Inconsolable Secret cover.

Hi! Yes, this is Fred... so glad you made it out and had a good time. I certainly did! The set was:

Chronotheme
    Sun Song
    One King
    Beyond, Within
    Rest
    Narnia (with Walter Moore)
    Knight Of The North
    Time Marches On

Something's Coming

Think that was all of it!

A reunion of sorts with Walter Moore, very cool, wish I was there.

Somebody better have video of GH doing Narnia or there will be consequences...oh, yes!
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
    Somebody better have video of GH doing Narnia or there will be consequences...oh, yes!
    It was just me and Walter... I imagine his girlfriend got it ;-)