Thread: Cynthia Plaster Caster

Cynthia Plaster Caster

I just finished listing Cynthia Plaster Caster's list of casts on Wikipedia, and the "cast" of characters is pretty amazing, I must say.

Who knew?

She did Smothers? I bet that one will break your heart.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I just finished listing Cynthia Plaster Caster's list of casts on Wikipedia, and the "cast" of characters is pretty amazing, I must say.

Who knew?
    An lot of managers in there, though I guess that was so she could get access to their clients (like the Young Lust scene in The Wall where Jenny Wright and her friends blow the security guards and road crew so they can get close to Pink). But some of the names there are intriguing...Harvey Mandel? Doug Dillard?

I think it was David Gilmour who once that circumstances put him and Cynthia in the same hotel bar one night, back in the 70's, during one of Pink Floyd's US tours. He said if she had asked, he'd have politely declined, but he felt insulted that she didn't even try to proposition him! I guess Cynthia didn't deem Pink Floyd to be "sexy" or whatever. (shrug)

Oh, I guess this is a good place to post this, then:

BTW, I seem to recall there was a toy that was made in the early 80's called the Plaster Caster. I remember seeing it in the Sears Xmas catalog (the Wishbook or whatever they called it) circa 80-81. It was this contraption that allowed you to make toy cars by melting wax, I think it was, and pouring it into molds. You have to wonder who the diabolical genius who was who was sitting around thinking, "What shall we call this new toy? I know, we'll name it after the very un-wholesome activities of one of rock n roll's most notorious groupies!". Or maybe the guy didn't know about Cynthia and just named it after the Kiss song.

I'll take clueless toy company executives for $500, Art!
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 08-22-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    RIP

Is there anything this newspaper won't cover?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-about-manhood
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease