Thread: Scorpions - In Trance

Scorpions - In Trance

Can't stop listening to this one lately. I've been in a mood for the first five albums anyway, all of which I love, but I keep going back to In Trance the past few days. It's just one winner after another on that album! They were such a cool band back then. Anyone else a huge fan of this one?
    www.velvetthunder.co.uk - From the ashes of the Classic Rock Society rises Velvet Thunder!

I think In Trance is the only classic era* album I don't have. And Animal Magnetism. Two albums! Two albums from the classic era I don't have...

Sorry, I was trying to riff on the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition thing, and I guess it isn't really working. Sigh!

I guess that means, as punishment, I should be made to sit in here, in this nice soft chair, with a couple 2 liters of Grape Soda, and listen to all the Scorpions albums, up through World Wide Live, getting up only to use the bathroom. Pictured Life, baby!

Always loved Lonesome Crow the most...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    The same here … well, the first 3 TBH!

Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    The same here well, the first 3 TBH!

These two statements

For me In Trance is their best and most balanced album. Then Lonesome Crow and Fly to the Rainbow.
    Last edited by spacefreak; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:54 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I love Lonesome Crow and Fly to the Rainbow, of course, and I've often recommended them to proggers who sometimes give surprised looks at the suggestion. But there's just something about the transitional In Trance album that has appealed to me more this past week than it has in the 25 years I've had it! Strange how that can happen.

Carrying on through Virgin Killer, Taken By Force and the live Tokyo Tapes, I'm a big fan of all of that stuff too. But I'm thinking their ultimate for me is In Trance.

Is it not as well known in North America, I wonder? I bought the Japanese blue spec CD a while back when I saw it (which is excellent) because I rarely see it for sale, even used.
    www.velvetthunder.co.uk - From the ashes of the Classic Rock Society rises Velvet Thunder!

I have a soft spot for "Sky" Guitarist Uli Jon Roth. Would anyone have heard of him, had he not been a member of Scorpions?
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    I have a soft spot for "Sky" Guitarist Uli Jon Roth. Would anyone have heard of him, had he not been a member of Scorpions?
    Who knows? Maybe Dawn Road (the band he was in, which was basically absorbed by Scorpions) could have signed a record deal of their own. It's conceivable they could have had at least a cult following, if Herr Klaus and Herr Rolf hadn't been able to close the deal.