Thread: Kaiser, French, Colby, & West 1990 " Lynn's Mad Money

Kaiser, French, Colby, & West 1990 " Lynn's Mad Money

https://youtu.be/vCdV6lqLLAg

Was thinking about a CD I sold years back, Steal This Disc 3...researched this song, Kaiser* & Kuriokhin* Rattlesnake Round-Up (Reprise), found it on you tube..This was the next song in Que..Awesome..

Fuck yeah.Thanks for sharing.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

That’s from HK’s late 80s (?) instructional VHS video!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

That was quite good. Thanks for the link.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    That’s from HK’s late 80s (?) instructional VHS video!!
    Early 90's more like. I remember there was an ad for that in a couple of his albums from that era. I never got around to getting it, and I never saw it until I found the video,b roken up into about 7 or 8 videos, on Youtube. I was happy I finally got to see it, until I started reading the posted comments from the idiots who don't understand what's Kaiser's doing. Why on Earth would you waste so much time and energy posting online (or talking/writing/etc, anywhere) about something you don't even like?! And the commentary here was in particular exceedingly imbecilic.

^^^^^^^^

Henry’s YouTube videos always have the absolute mouth-breathingly stupidest comments from people who aren’t smart enough to know how truly pea-brained they are.

You don’t have to like what he does, but, my god. He’s played with ALL these different, well-known musicians and you really want to post that he doesn’t really know how play?
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^^^^^^^^

Henry’s YouTube videos always have the absolute mouth-breathingly stupidest comments from people who aren’t smart enough to know how truly pea-brained they are.

You don’t have to like what he does, but, my god. He’s played with ALL these different, well-known musicians and you really want to post that he doesn’t really know how play?
    I remember making that point to someone, I said something like, "Well, Herbie Hancock obviously thinks he can play, because he played on one of Herbie's records". And the response to that was something to the effect of "Oh, well, everyone has their price", meaning that "the rich kid" probably paid these well respected a boatload money to let him play with them. Yeah, whatever!

For whatever it's worth, though Henry does come from a wealthy family, I read once where he said he never saw much of the money because of "family politics".

And I'll tell ya what, I spent 20 years digging up the records he cited in his Essential Listening article that he wrote for Guitar Player in, I believe, the December 84 issue (the one with Brad Gillis and Jeff Watson from Night Ranger on the cover). That one article turned me onto so many different people, from Terry Riley to Hans Reichel to Conlon Nancarrow, it's crazy! SO even if he couldn't play guitar, I'd still owe him a debt of gratitude just for that one piece!

OH and since I'm here, and we're talking about Henry Kaiser, I might point that his recently released album, Five Times Surprise, is awesome. Or maybe that's the name of the band, I'm not sure, but it's a great full "rock band" improv. And if you order it from Wayside Music, you get a bonus CD with an additional 45 minutes of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    OH and since I'm here, and we're talking about Henry Kaiser, I might point that his recently released album, Five Times Surprise, is awesome. Or maybe that's the name of the band, I'm not sure, but it's a great full "rock band" improv. And if you order it from Wayside Music, you get a bonus CD with an additional 45 minutes of the same.

Thanks, Chris.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

While it says/lists (or is spelled) Any West in the credits , This is indeed the same Andy West playing at Progday this year, correct?
    Last edited by beano; 08-20-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    While is says (or is spelled) Any West, This is indeed the same Andy West playing at Progday this year, correct?
    Yes. The one and only.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com