Thread: New Polyethylene Pet album streaming

New Polyethylene Pet album streaming

It's officially out now but please don't tell anyone about it.

Polyethylene Pet - With Hidden Noise

withhiddennoise.jpg

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/catalog/?85scs1x

Featuring the most wonderful Richard Wileman (aka Karda Estra), btw.

Click stream and keep clicking until you can listen to it.

We hope you like it,

PP
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

That's just a tagline, fwiw - PLEASE feel free to tell anyone and everyone you feel like sharing with. We're happy to help.

Taco salad,

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Looking forward to checking it out in a little bit!
    Thanks, as always, for posting!

Hey Kim,

Congratulations and thanks very much for sharing your new album here! Can't wait to check it out, as I know it will be awesome.

All the best,

Alan

Very pleased to hear of more music. Will be checking it out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    That's just a tagline, fwiw - PLEASE feel free to tell anyone and everyone you feel like sharing with. We're happy to help.

Taco salad,

K

What Amy's Advent husband said.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Angels Explode With Joy is a vibe, that lofi sound is perfect, and the bass line is addictive with those chords on top.

Really like the sound of Pierre Schaffer, it reminds me of some of the dusty Kretzmer piano demos I was working with for Redux, and has this nostalgic twinkle to it with those warm chords you're doing!

Reflections took me by surprise, really love the orchestral sound - and reminds me of a track I did back in 2013 called... Deflections!! which uses flute trills extensively like this piece too! So that was very fun. My track was a more electronic and beatsy, was before I was writing anything like I am now, but was one of the few pieces I've tried to emulate an orchestra on!

Winter Song is ILL! A very very cool piece, favourite so far. Would kinda love to hear some fat Chris Dave style drumming on this haha

Jazz Spasms is awesome - don't even know what to say about it other than: wild, dope, latter era 5uu's-esque?!

Richard Wileman is a gorgeous song, I love the contrast of the super warm nostalgic guitar with the avant garde orchestral stuff going on on top of it. There's a John Elmquist track with this contrast that I love and I think you pulled it off just as well, it's such a great atmosphere.

Great job! gonna be listening to this one a good bit!!

Thanks gang! Richard Wileman is a gorgeous person also

And thanks especially to you, James. I know how much you actually appreciate this more "avant-ambient-dada" side of the event

5uus are ALWAYS an inspiration. Davey (a dear friend, as you know) and his crew created some wildly inspirational music. And he inspired me (and continues to inspire me) as one of my own favourite drum idols long before i met him. So glad you hear some of their energy in that. I hear a lot of Alan Gorrie and a little Amit Lissack (another old friend) in there too - literally
    Last edited by Polypet; 09-20-2019 at 09:35 PM.

A minor bumpity bump and then into the aether...

So glad you continue making music and letting us know about it. Sometimes it’s easy to forget, with all the day to day hubbub, that there’s independent artists out there still contributing. I’m a bit behind.

Never feel any guilt about bumping your own threads here. Heck, I’ll bump them for you!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    So glad you continue making music and letting us know about it. Sometimes it’s easy to forget, with all the day to day hubbub, that there’s independent artists out there still contributing. I’m a bit behind.

Never feel any guilt about bumping your own threads here. Heck, I’ll bump them for you!
    My pleasure, man. I have no guilt about bumping occasionally. Mainly it's so folks who miss the threads (which vanish pretty quickly) get a chance to know about these releases and perhaps listen to them.

I hope you enjoyed this latest. I'm very pleased with how it came out

Peace and all that jizzle to you and you and you,

Kim

Speaking of possibly missing a thread - there is this posted in one of the older threads. It's a commemorative presentation we did back in 2006, celebrating the 25 anniversary of our last actual live concert. A little hard to explain but it's essentially a modern Pet show. I'll leave it at that.

This show features newer materials BUT also includes several recordings from that final show. Quite a bit of that show's on various of our CDs, and so may be famililar to some of you. The context here is new, though.

I encourage folks to get into the vibe with the speakers up nice and loud.

A shout out here to my compatriots at the original show: Joe Palermo - drums, perc. / Ed Dickie - keys, perc, voc. / Van Spragins - fretless bass, attitude / Dave Egan and Peter White - tapes, lights, sound

Peace puppies to one and all here,

K

Kimara, your drumming sounds great on See For Miles. I had to go grab my 1000 Satellites CD so I can play it on my good speakers. Thanks for the cool show!

You're so welcome

I suppose some people may have caught this thread? In any case, both the show and the new album are still out there for the enjoying or reviling

If you did watch and/or listen, we do hope it brought a bit of pleasure!

Ta,

Kim

Have i not bumped this? Well, here is one. I don't want to inundate folks....

'Night all,

K

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Have i not bumped this? Well, here is one. I don't want to inundate folks....

'Night all,

K
    I don't think you ever have to worry about inundating us. Thank you for the reminder!

Why am I only seeing this now? I will have a listen.
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

Your prepared piano compositions are excellent! ( well, it sounds 'prepared' to me anyway ... )
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

Thanks, you guys

I hasten to add that there is another thread floating around with even newer things... incl. this:

And my most recent album "Autumn/Phoenix" (our anniversary release) which came out last Wednesday. You might also enjoy these...

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/AutumnPhoenix

Peace cards,

K