Thread: Verne

Banned

Verne

Looking into the recent Refugee thread got me listening to the Mainhorse Airplane lp on Verne.

Verne is a French vinyl bootleg label.(I suppose "bootleg" is subject to dispute since we are talking rare tracks here: demos,outtakes, live.)

They have about 50 releases from 2013 to present, covering mainly 70s UK prog bands. Many are 2 lp sets.

Bands like High Tide, East of Eden, Strawbs, Egg, Blodwyn Pig, Keef Hartley Band .....

In short.....A very interesting label.

I like the coverarts which are almost exclusively group pictures. (But the Mainhorse Airplane isn't - its sorta Roger Deanish.)

Have any of you experienced the label? Faves? Flops?
    Last edited by Deacon Beaker; 08-13-2019 at 10:11 PM.

I don't care for bootlegs, so that label is bypassed by default. Everything by them is unofficial. Even the record labels are imitations of the original ones the main discography of the band was in. Don't think that they ever got any approval on this.
    Last edited by spacefreak; 08-14-2019 at 02:38 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Beaker View Post
    Looking into the recent Refugee thread got me listening to the Mainhorse Airplane lp on Verne.

Verne is a French vinyl bootleg label.(I suppose "bootleg" is subject to dispute since we are talking rare tracks here: demos,outtakes, live.)

They have about 50 releases from 2013 to present, covering mainly 70s UK prog bands. Many are 2 lp sets.

Bands like High Tide, East of Eden, Strawbs, Egg, Blodwyn Pig, Keef Hartley Band .....

In short.....A very interesting label.

I like the coverarts which are almost exclusively group pictures. (But the Mainhorse Airplane isn't - its sorta Roger Deanish.)

Have any of you experienced the label? Faves? Flops?
    Looking at the listings from some of their records its apparent that all they've done is steal the bonus tracks from officially released albums and present them as albums of rare or live material. The High Tide and East of Eden ones are just the bonus tracks from the two Esoteric re-issues and the Egg one is the Metronomic Society album with the bonus tracks from the Uriel re-issue added. Considering the orginal bands never made any money, this is simply stealing from bands who might have made a little extra money in their retirement years. And I don't suppose Esoteric are exactly rich either.