Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herd of Instinct New Album Preview

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I've been looking forward to this too.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Can someone post a link to the pre-order?

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Can someone post a link to the pre-order?
    I'm trying to get hold of DK. Assuming it will be up on the store site today, but I will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

Okay, DK says sorry, the site should be updated tomorrow (Saturday)

Thanks, Dave.

The pre-order page is up, cd ordered.
    Last edited by Boceephus; 01-19-2013 at 02:45 AM.

http://djamkaret.com/store.php

$12 and they are having a special on postage for a few days...save some big bucks especially if you are outside the U.S.

you can preview every song on the album (and download the album or individual songs) at CDbaby.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/herdofinstinct2

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I just got my disc! I'm ripping it in right now, and even got to upload the track info to Gracenote.

So if any of the track names are misspelled, it's my fault.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Have to say that, jusding by the camples, this one's a killer. Looking forward to it arriving at Burning Shed.
    "Where the light is brightest, the shadows are deepest"
    Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Corbie View Post
    Have to say that, jusding by the camples, this one's a killer. Looking forward to it arriving at Burning Shed.
    https://www.burningshed.com/store/artrock/

Burning Shed is now taking orders but says it won't be shipping the album out until March 11th. I'm guessing Firepool Records got blind sided by the recent postal increase and ended up having to ship to the overseas distributors by slow boat. Still, cheaper than ordering from a US source if you are Europe. Worth waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by warrplayer View Post
    https://www.burningshed.com/store/artrock/

Burning Shed is now taking orders but says it won't be shipping the album out until March 11th. I'm guessing Firepool Records got blind sided by the recent postal increase and ended up having to ship to the overseas distributors by slow boat. Still, cheaper than ordering from a US source if you are Europe. Worth waiting for.
    Heh.... Last thing I did before coming on to PE here was order this from burning Shed. As you say, it'll be worth the wait!
    "Where the light is brightest, the shadows are deepest"
    Goethe

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    I'm not sure, but I think I like their debut a tad bit more. Even so, it's a strong follow-up. Here's the brand new stream at 128 kB/s at Progstreaming of the whole album: http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pag...inct - Conjure

I'm just now catching on to these guys. After sampling the second album I would up getting both a little while back. I've spun them a few times and I really like them. I don't hear a huge difference between the two (other than some production improvements on the new one), but I suppose that may emerge over time. For now I'm just digging them both and feeling happy I made the discovery.

Bill

Thanks for posting the clip, I'd been meaning to check them out for some time. Cool stuff, I'll likely pick this up soon. And for some reason, I just love the band name.

On the off chance anyone hasn't had a chance to hear this yet, the entire album is available on progstreaming for another week or so.

http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/index.php

Dave

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It's been on permanent rotation in my car ever since I got it about a month ago. Really good stuff.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by warrplayer View Post
    On the off chance anyone hasn't had a chance to hear this yet, the entire album is available on progstreaming for another week or so. Dave
    Thanks for the ears-up, Dave -- I'm all over this this morning. Sounds great! I enjoyed the debut and this seems to be taking things a bit further and has a stronger presence. Nice!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I didn't quite want to start a new thread for this, so I'm using this one, which is closest to the time HoI's first album was released (2011). I just got the first album (s/t) from Wayside. Get a load of the guests making appearances on the album:

Gayle Ellet (he wasn't yet the band's full-time guitar player)
    Jerry Marotta
    Markus Reuter
    Pat Mastelotto
    Gavin Harrison

Pretty impressive. HoI is one of my new favorite bands! In addition to this album, I also got the two Spoke of Shadows albums that Mark Cook recorded with Bill Bachman - can't wait to listen to those! Mark Cook appears on several instruments on the last two albums by the band Hands, which is pretty cool! I need to fill in the gaps in my Hands collection!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I didn't quite want to start a new thread for this, so I'm using this one, which is closest to the time HoI's first album was released (2011). I just got the first album (s/t) from Wayside. Get a load of the guests making appearances on the album:

Gayle Ellet (he wasn't yet the band's full-time guitar player)
    Jerry Marotta
    Markus Reuter
    Pat Mastelotto
    Gavin Harrison

Pretty impressive. HoI is one of my new favorite bands! In addition to this album, I also got the two Spoke of Shadows albums that Mark Cook recorded with Bill Bachman - can't wait to listen to those! Mark Cook appears on several instruments on the last two albums by the band Hands, which is pretty cool! I need to fill in the gaps in my Hands collection!
    I have all the HoI and SoS CDs. Great stuff! The first one is probably my least favorite. It seems a little sonically uneven to me, and I think they were still developing their sound. That said, I still like it. But starting with their second album I really start digging their albums!

Had the pleasure of interviewing Mark not too long ago for a NewEARS radio show. He's a super nice guy, and there's a lot happening with both HoI and Sos, so new stuff will be on the way soon!

Bill

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I have all the HoI and SoS CDs. Great stuff! The first one is probably my least favorite. It seems a little sonically uneven to me, and I think they were still developing their sound. That said, I still like it. But starting with their second album I really start digging their albums!

Had the pleasure of interviewing Mark not too long ago for a NewEARS radio show. He's a super nice guy, and there's a lot happening with both HoI and Sos, so new stuff will be on the way soon!

Bill
    That’s great to hear. I’ve started keeping Djam Karet, HoIn, and SoS in a separate section, and a few solo-ish things in their own section now because I listen to the stuff so much. I love it!