Thread: Temporary FREE Download of Aragon - Mouse

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Temporary FREE Download of Aragon - Mouse

Attention all discerning Neo-Prog fans! Australian band Aragon have added their 1995 concept album "Mouse" to Bandcamp. This is the expanded 2CD version which includes a 12-minute interview about the making of the album. The expanded 2CD version was released in 1999, and has additional tracks which are part of the same concept but weren't included in the original CD release.

For a temporary period (I don't know how long) you can download the album for free. I think one of their other albums might be a free download as well, not sure. They announced the free Mouse download on their Facebook page today. Enjoy!

https://aragon3.bandcamp.com/album/mouse

2CD Cover:

Original CD Cover:

Last edited by JKL2000; 08-11-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Attention all discerning Neo-Prog fans! Australian band Aragon have added their 1995 concept album "Mouse" to Bandcamp. This is the expanded 2CD version which includes a 12-minute interview about the making of the album. The expanded 2CD version was released in 1999, and has additional tracks which are part of the same concept but weren't included in the original CD release.

For a temporary period (I don't know how long) you can download the album for free. I think one of their other albums might be a free download as well, not sure. They announced the free Mouse download on their Facebook page today. Enjoy!
    Thanks so much for posting this information, just downloaded.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Haven't been at their website for awhile so thanks for the info. Already have both versions of it on CD, but still bought it to have it in my bandcamp collection.

Perhaps they are testing the waters after all? Not long ago, as I mentioned here in one of the topics, they got the offer of re-releasing their albums but flatly refused ... no matter how much I tried to convince Les Dougan (Vocals, Drums, Keyboards) to reconsider. Basically he was quoting no interest from the fans to purchase it on CD anymore and,as a proof, a low count of buys on their bandcamp site.

Perhaps people here can prove him wrong?
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Cool I'll check it out. I might have heard something of theirs back in the day but I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Haven't been at their website for awhile so thanks for the info. Already have both versions of it on CD, but still bought it to have it in my bandcamp collection.

Perhaps they are testing the waters after all? Not long ago, as I mentioned here in one of the topics, they got the offer of re-releasing their albums but flatly refused ... no matter how much I tried to convince Les Dougan (Vocals, Drums, Keyboards) to reconsider. Basically he was quoting no interest from the fans to purchase it on CD anymore and,as a proof, a low count of buys on their bandcamp site.

Perhaps people here can prove him wrong?
    I too paid one Aussie dollar to have it in my Bandcamp even though I have both CDs somewhere. I have to say their albums after this one seemed to slip in quality so I will be surprised if they release another CD.

So I went to Bandcamp and paid 3 Aussie dollars and downloaded. I think it's good to support such bands. On my first listen (not all the way through): interesting concept, solid music, really off-putting vocals. Maybe I was tired? I'll keep listening...

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    interesting concept, solid music, really off-putting vocals. Maybe I was tired? I'll keep listening...
    The vocals are an acquired taste. Like you, when I first discovered them decades ago, I found the vocals a bit off, but the music kept pulling me back in.
    Now, I enjoy the vocals because of the intensity and passion they add to the music.
    So, don't feel bad, I'm pretty sure it wasn't because you were tired.
    If you really like the music, give it a couple more tries and you'll probably like the overall sound.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

The vocals are no more offputting than Hammill or early Gabriel (imho)

Or (for that matter) Fish...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    The vocals are no more offputting than Hammill or early Gabriel (imho)

Or (for that matter) Fish...
    I've tried many, many, MANY times to get Hammil... hasn't clicked for me yet. Waaaaaay toooooooooo wordy and shriiiiiiiill.

Well, try their last studio album: Van Der Graaf Generator ‎– Do Not Disturb.

It may be the one to do the trick. I was very positively surprised and enjoyed it the most from their more recent output.

Have the same opinion, although, strangely enough they seem to be the most fond of the last one. To be honest beside the feeling I have no recollection of the music on the latter CDs (Mr. Angel and The Angel's Tear). Ever since the move several years ago these CDs are buried somewhere in boxes. It would be easier I guess to check the You Tube, but then there is so little time and yet so much new music to conquer ... tough choice, not that I am complaining

Only one more week to get this Aragon download for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The vocals are an acquired taste. Like you, when I first discovered them decades ago, I found the vocals a bit off, but the music kept pulling me back in.
    Now, I enjoy the vocals because of the intensity and passion they add to the music.
    So, don't feel bad, I'm pretty sure it wasn't because you were tired.
    If you really like the music, give it a couple more tries and you'll probably like the overall sound.
    To me it is the vocals that attracted me.
    I heard them first on a compilation CD. Once did an interview with them on phone. To my surprise they were aware of Grobschnitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    To me it is the vocals that attracted me.
    I heard them first on a compilation CD. Once did an interview with them on phone. To my surprise they were aware of Grobschnitt.
    The vocals and how Dugan uses his voice are what drew me in too. You probably can’t even listen to their “Don’t Bring the Rain” album if you don’t like his vocals. On that they’re not that far away from Peter Hammill’s vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The vocals and how Dugan uses his voice are what drew me in too. You probably can’t even listen to their “Don’t Bring the Rain” album if you don’t like his vocals. On that they’re not that far away from Peter Hammill’s vocals.
    I never had problems with Peter Hammill's vocals as well.