Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: 13 CD Gong Box Set September 2019

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Is there a definitive reissue of CE at all?
    ISTR the most recent Charly release was very well received- the first from the masters, I think. But I haven't got it myself to confirm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conti View Post
    As much as I love Gong, I simply cannot afford spending 100 pounds in a set like this. I sincerely hope to have standalone versions of the studio albums, at least, or even of some of the live material.
    I don't/won't have any of these mega-sets either. It's only the Flying Teapot remaster I'm personally interested in.

  2. #27
    Preordered and can't wait.

  3. #28
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,514
    Flying Saucer.. Flying Teapot… From outer Space... Can hardly wait!

  4. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,382
    Wasn't Flying Teapot the inaugural Virgin release (concurrent with Tubular Bells...)
    Prog's Not Dead

  5. #30
    It was! V2002
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

  6. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    It's only the Flying Teapot remaster I'm personally interested in.
    And for those in the same boat, a deluxe edition CD is out next month:

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flying-Teap.../dp/B07W6CDJJ2

    With a second disc of the Bataclan show. Great.

    The others are due too:

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Angels-Egg-Gong/dp/B07W6C9835

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Gong/dp/B07WLBQQJX

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shamal-Gong/dp/B07WLBTY4C

  7. #32
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    And for those in the same boat, a deluxe edition CD is out next month:

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flying-Teap.../dp/B07W6CDJJ2

    With a second disc of the Bataclan show. Great.

    The others are due too:

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Angels-Egg-Gong/dp/B07W6C9835

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Gong/dp/B07WLBQQJX

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shamal-Gong/dp/B07WLBTY4C
    Interesting.

    So what then would be unique to the box?
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  8. #33
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Interesting.

    So what then would be unique to the box?
    4 Live CDs and the 5.1 DVD of You

  9. #34
    Good. I did see someone mention, either in a thread here or on the Hoffman forum, that there would be individual album releases. This may be the way to go for me.

  10. #35
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    4 Live CDs and the 5.1 DVD of You
    Ok...So are the live shows included as the extras on the individual releases part of the box then?
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  11. #36
    Yes, they are, judging by the track listings. I'm just not sure I need any more live Gong, that's why I may go for the individual albums, not the box. I already have Live, Etc., Gong Est Mort, Pre-Modernist Wireless (Peel Sessions), Live on TV 1990, 25th Birthday Party, and Live to Infinitea.

  12. #37
    Jazzbo manqué Mister Triscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Ok...So are the live shows included as the extras on the individual releases part of the box then?
    Not sure I understand the question, but it looks like if you buy the individual albums you get abridged versions of the live shows on the second disc, except for You, where the whole Hyde Park show fits on one disc. The other three live shows take up two discs each in the box.

  13. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Iowa City IA
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by soundsweird View Post
    I'm just not sure I need any more live Gong, that's why I may go for the individual albums, not the box. I already have Live, Etc., Gong Est Mort, Pre-Modernist Wireless (Peel Sessions), Live on TV 1990, 25th Birthday Party, and Live to Infinitea.
    You do, trust me. None of the discs you list except Live etc. (which was taken from some of the gigs here) possesses the gestalt of a classic-era Gong gig. The reckless confident goofy abandon of the early days. IMHO the closest they ever got to this in the later eras was the very strong 2006 unconvention release. But even that ain't really it...

  14. #39
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Not sure I understand the question, but it looks like if you buy the individual albums you get abridged versions of the live shows on the second disc, except for You, where the whole Hyde Park show fits on one disc. The other three live shows take up two discs each in the box.
    Ah. I'm a master idiot and didn't realize it was an abridged from of what was to be included in the box.

    Looks like it's the big box for me afterall.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  15. #40
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    So what then would be unique to the box?
    Fondleability.

  16. #41
    ...similar to Charmin?

  17. #42
    Jazzbo manqué Mister Triscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,385
    Please don't squeeze the pixies.

  18. #43
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Fondleability.
    Don't underestimate my ability to fondle.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Interesting.

    So what then would be unique to the box?
    The box.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •