Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush Blu-Ray/DVD from 12-10-2010 show finally released

Yeah I agree , if he is now able to afford to hit the road I’m sure he’ll sell more and I’m pretty sure that Frank would be aware of that.

I think he'll need to sell a bit more to be able to afford touring, if that's what he's relying on. Unless he sees it as a validation of his market size.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Still on the fence about this.

Can a second person here confirm that the editing has more long shots of his playing and is so not so heavy-handed like the video preview of "The Answer"? If it's all quick edits like that, that's probably going to be a dealbreaker for me.

Has there been any word about an audio release?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Ron , here is a review at YouTube by Pete Pardo from Sea of Tranquility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7KD...z0lqO9ZSFq1ehk

^^ Thanks! That really makes this a no-brainer.

Just ordered it. Order #1728

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Just ordered it. Order #1728
    Cool , I hope you enjoy it as much as me and many others are.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Cool , I hope you enjoy it as much as me and many others are.
    I'm hoping to be able to rip the audio more than anything. I'll get a lot more playing time out of that.

I'm hoping to be able to rip the audio more than anything. I'll get a lot more playing time out of that.
    I know there are some people that have done that , I tried but was unable to split the tracks up , but then again it was the first time I ever tried to rip audio from a dvd . I want to be able to burn it cd so I can listen in my car. I was able to burn the first DVD to a cd-r since it’s an hour and 20 minutes long, but it’s one continuous track. DVD’s 2 and 3 are 1:52 & 2:38 long so I could not even burn them as one continuous track.

Can tracks be split when one rips the audio from a DVD?
    Last edited by bobert; 09-11-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Can tracks be split when one rips the audio from a DVD?
    With some editing software, yes.

Yeah I agree , if he is now able to afford to hit the road I’m sure he’ll sell more and I’m pretty sure that Frank would be aware of that.
    Frank talks about touring in this new interview (https://www.hit-channel.com/intervie...gany-rush-solo) - he is just waiting to see if any offers come in:

I want to tour… but generally bands don’t choose to tour. What happens is promoters will make offers to bands to come to a city or to go on a tour and then if they make it possible, then you go. If promoters call me and say: “Do you want to tour?”, of course I’m going to say: “Yes”. But you always have to wait until that happens. No band is in control where they go or when they go or how long they go. It’s always going to be up to the promoters. So, we are hoping that the DVD captures some people’s ears and if the public likes it enough, these promoters are going to say: “Hey, let’s get this guy on the road” and they’ll call us and say: “Do you want to go on the road?” and we will say: “Yes”. If they don’t, then the only thing that you can do is you could hope that you can sell enough DVD’s and you can do it yourself, just like we did with the record and if that happens, if I was to sell enough DVD’s to make enough money to go on a tour, because it’s very expensive, then I’ll totally do that. But time is gonna tell us if we will be able to do that. So, I just hope people buy it and one way or the other, if it’s successful either a promoter will like us and tell us: “Come and play” or we’ll have the money to do it ourselves.

It arrived yesterday. I'm almost through the first set.

This is the ultimate. Tons of guitar closeups. Still lots of edits, but not annoying. Plenty of guitar footage.

I can't imagine this being any better.

He sounds exactly like he did 40 years ago.

It arrived yesterday. I'm almost through the first set.

This is the ultimate. Tons of guitar closeups. Still lots of edits, but not annoying. Plenty of guitar footage.

I can't imagine this being any better.

He sounds exactly like he did 40 years ago.
    Glad you’re liking it !

I watched the whole thing (in three separate sittings) and I’ve been cherry picking since , I think it is fantastic , a guitar extravaganza.

Frank is touring!

This from the his official Facebook page:

2020 Tour announcement for U.S. dates starting in April are coming this Friday! Contracts are on their way, so when they're signed, we'll post up the dates and venues. Because of your overwhelming DVD response and support, it is becoming a reality.

Shows announced so far:
    4/17/20 New Bedford, MA The Vault Music Hall & Pub at Greasy Luck
    5/9/20 Warrendale, PA Jergels
    Last edited by Dan Roth; 11-22-2019 at 10:05 AM.

That's wonderful! I'll have to remember to keep checking.

This is great news , obviously the very positive response for Blu-Ray/DVD set has the promoters calling.
    I am very happy for Frank , a late career resurgence looks to be on , hopefully a new album will also come out of this.

Great news! Hope he comes to Cleveland again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    5/9/20 Warrendale, PA Jergels
    YYYEEEAAAHHH!!! That's two miles from my house! I just saw BOC there and will see Dweezil there in the Spring. Now, Frank in May!!!

Dates as of now:

Last edited by Dan Roth; 11-26-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Amazing that he plays Detroit and Buffalo, but doesn't cross the border for a single show...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Amazing that he plays Detroit and Buffalo, but doesn't cross the border for a single show...
    Not that I know for sure but I am guessing that the promoters have not called , Mahogany Rush have always been more popular in the USA and in Europe for that matter than in his home country of Canada. I never quite got it.

What could be better than seeing the final show of the tour and having it on a Saturday night two miles from your house? I can't wait!

Thanks, Frank.

Heeeellllooooooo DALLAS!!!!

(edit) That's actually Canton Hall in Deep Ellum, by the Bomb Factory

Sellersville!