Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Music from The Psychedelic Ensemble

New Music from The Psychedelic Ensemble

The Psychedelic Ensemble has released the sixth studio album, "Mother's Rhymes". See my review here on PA: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2240149

The album is currently only available for streaming or download:
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6Y...eatrKVXPWQMdH8
    Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/mot...mes/1468068530
    Amazon Streaming: https://music.amazon.ca/albums/B07SXGWDWB
    Amazon Download: https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Rhyme...c%2C135&sr=1-1
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A90...YURQvpeswryItU

I'm surprised by this. Wasn't there a health issue that was making this unlikely? Hopefully, things are looking up in that regard these days.

Jon Neudorf
    Wow. Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm surprised by this. Wasn't there a health issue that was making this unlikely?
    That's what I've also heard. Luckily, we have the new album.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Good Morning...

Listening to the release as I type. I'm putting this on my list!

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

Seems like it actually came out in February with no publicity.......that's not SOP for TPE. I hope he's OK.

I had lost all hope of ever hearing this. Great news!

And I also hope he's doing okay.

PS

He actually put his name on the Youtube page. Maybe keeping anonymity isn't as important to him these days.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I have and enjoy both "Golden King" and "Sandstone" so if this is released in legit physical form, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Soc Prof View Post
    PS

He actually put his name on the Youtube page. Maybe keeping anonymity isn't as important to him these days.
    Yeah, it would be nice to know his status. I deciphered his true identity years ago from clues in interviews, album notes, etc. but kept silent. Then his name showed up a year or so ago on Deezer. Now it's on YouTube. You never know whether those were slip-ups by those how published the material, or whether he sanctioned the release.

OK... you guys are being mysterious. Who is TPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    OK... you guys are being mysterious. Who is TPE.
    It's John Tesh.

Jon Neudorf
    He's always been very gracious to me through emails. I hope hes doing okay.

Jon

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    Yeah, it would be nice to know his status. I deciphered his true identity years ago from clues in interviews, album notes, etc. but kept silent. Then his name showed up a year or so ago on Deezer. Now it's on YouTube. You never know whether those were slip-ups by those how published the material, or whether he sanctioned the release.
    Yes, it's possible that he didn't approve of his name being printed.

You can see the name in the Youtube info section. I will not type it out of respect for his possible wishes, but it's definitely not John Tesh.

Does anyone know if Sam Del Russi did the cover? Whoever did it, it's another nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Soc Prof View Post
    Does anyone know if Sam Del Russi did the cover? Whoever did it, it's another nice one.
    The artist was Armand Cabrera. A snippet of his resume claims... "Track Illustrations and cover for the 6th Psychedelic Ensemble Album “Mother’s Rhymes” "
    Here's a link to his page: https://armandcabrera.artstation.com/ which shows the art for "Blind Mice", a track off the new album and also released as a single.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    The artist was Armand Cabrera. A snippet of his resume claims... "Track Illustrations and cover for the 6th Psychedelic Ensemble Album “Mother’s Rhymes” "
    Here's a link to his page: https://armandcabrera.artstation.com/ which shows the art for "Blind Mice", a track off the new album and also released as a single.
    Thanks for the info. My Amazon download didn't have any liner notes. I sure hope it comes out on CD eventually.
    Last edited by Soc Prof; 07-31-2019 at 08:18 PM.

I'd also like the CD to come out soon.

I was the artist on the new TPE album and there is a physical CD in the works. There have been some production delays that prevented it being ready the same time as the digital version but it is happening. Part of the delay was increasing the number of pages for the CD booklet to 20 so each image would have its own page next to each of the track lyrics. TPE decided to have me do a painting for each of the eight tracks as well as a pre-release image, a separate single release image for Blind Mice (which is slightly different than the booklet image for the album track), a cover, back cover, and traycard. Thirteen images in all.

Jon Neudorf
    Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the physical release. Can you tell the fans how TPE is doing? I know there were health issues. He did tell me what they were and I dont want to divulge that info here. People do care a great deal about musicians on this forum (that goes without saying). I very much enjoyed our correspondance and do care.

Thanks
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by ArtandInfluence View Post
    I was the artist on the new TPE album and there is a physical CD in the works. There have been some production delays that prevented it being ready the same time as the digital version but it is happening. Part of the delay was increasing the number of pages for the CD booklet to 20 so each image would have its own page next to each of the track lyrics. TPE decided to have me do a painting for each of the eight tracks as well as a pre-release image, a separate single release image for Blind Mice (which is slightly different than the booklet image for the album track), a cover, back cover, and traycard. Thirteen images in all.
    Thanks, Armand! We look forward to the CD release. Please tell TPE that his fans are dying to hear from him! At one time, he was registered on this forum, so maybe he can chime in and let us know all is well?

Before posting about the album I had asked for his approval to do so, which he agreed to but TPE asked me not to discuss anything about him personally so I apologize but I can't answer questions about his health but thank you for your concerns and I know he will appreciate your interest in his well being. He is planning to do some interviews when the CD is finished so hopefully, you will hear from him very soon. I will also encourage him to visit the forums and participate directly in the conversation. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtandInfluence View Post
    Before posting about the album I had asked for his approval to do so, which he agreed to but TPE asked me not to discuss anything about him personally so I apologize but I can't answer questions about his health but thank you for your concerns and I know he will appreciate your interest in his well being. He is planning to do some interviews when the CD is finished so hopefully, you will hear from him very soon. I will also encourage him to visit the forums and participate directly in the conversation. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the CD release.

For those waiting for the CD, it appears to be available on Amazon. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Rhyme...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Interview with TPE this Friday Night, September 20 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time on The Waiting Room at The House of Prog at http://houseofprog.com .

All interested welcome to tune in. TPE is one hell of an interview. This will be our 3rd!! I thoroughly enjoyed our previous conversations.